AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

I managed to get all the apps I need up and running, but when I'm using any sat nav (TomTom, Waze, Freenav) I cant get the radio DAB or FM to work. I tried the double tap on the headunit and selected a source, but it just took me back to the sat nav with no sound.

Is it supposed to play the radio when using sat nav?

I've noticed the same thing.  If I have Sirius or HD Radio playing and then go to App Mode, it cuts the SOURCE to off.  Guess this was by design?!?!  I don't know.  (Unrelated but I just wish the old iPod source still worked as an alternative to the Car Media Player App.)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've noticed the same thing.  If I have Sirius or HD Radio playing and then go to App Mode, it cuts the SOURCE to off.  Guess this was by design?!?!  I don't know.  (Unrelated but I just wish the old iPod source still worked as an alternative to the Car Media Player App.)

Ok I have sorted it, you need to go into setting then "mix setting" and toggle the settings from there. I can now play dab, fm and iPod whilest using sat nav

Ok I have sorted it, you need to go into setting then "mix setting" and toggle the settings from there. I can now play dab, fm and iPod whilest using sat nav

I'll have to check this out.   I guess the only time you would not want to mix is when using the Car Media Player app since you'd be mixing the iPod with say the FM Radio at the same time.  Thanks for the info.

I have a follow up question. I recently installed the app extensions and everything works. The problem I'm having is everytime i dicsonnect the phone from the lightning adapter the radio toggles to OFF. I have to turn the radio back on each time i disconnect the phone. This oocurs while playing music from Pandora etc. Prior to the app ext install the phone would defaut to bluetooth if the phone was disconnect from the cable. It would not power off.

Has anyone ran into this issue? Or is it possible I changed a HU setting by mistake that makes the unit power off when the phone is unplugged from cable?

Thanks   

I have to say I have spent the last 5 or so hours reading the last 96 pages of this thread, and there are a lot of brilliant minds in here.

I am a long time reader of this site, and originally wanted to get an Appradio, until I did some research on it and found it would not do everything I needed, mainly, rear seat entertainment.

I've settled on the AVH-X8500BHS and I'd just like to post my planned setup to get input from people here to make sure I haven't missed anything.

My main 2 must wants are

Navigation: application "Waze" must work and function as designed

Entertainment: preferred application "Netflix"

I plan on running the AVH-X8500BHS with an iphone4 jailbroke on iOS 5.11 using Mike's AppEx

The iPhone4 is my old phone and is no longer activated, and will remain in the car all the time.

It will run Netflix and waze from it, and I will connect it to the AVH-X8500BHS unit using the CD-IU201V interface cable on usb1

My current phone is an iphone5 jailbroke on iOS 6.0 that I will connect to the AVH-X8500BHS unit using just a standard USB to lightning cable connected to usb2.

I will use my personal hotspot on my iphone5 to supply wifi to the iPhone4 for Internet access.

I will pair the phone5 to the AVH-x8500BHS unit for telephone calls.

Am I missing anything?

My reason for posting here, is if I am using the appradio extensions, I believe I should be able to feed Netflix to the rear head rests as a normal input would, but I have not seen anything written about it. I'm just looking for confirmation.

Thanks for your time,

And @mikedecaro, keep up the great work. I believe in paying for software I use, so if this all works for me I will most certainly be sending a donation your way.

My main 2 must wants are

Navigation: application "Waze" must work and function as designed

Entertainment: preferred application "Netflix"

I plan on running the AVH-X8500BHS with an iphone4 jailbroke on iOS 5.11 using Mike's AppEx

The iPhone4 is my old phone and is no longer activated, and will remain in the car all the time.

It will run Netflix and waze from it, and I will connect it to the AVH-X8500BHS unit using the CD-IU201V interface cable on usb1

My current phone is an iphone5 jailbroke on iOS 6.0 that I will connect to the AVH-X8500BHS unit using just a standard USB to lightning cable connected to usb2.

I will use my personal hotspot on my iphone5 to supply wifi to the iPhone4 for Internet access.

I will pair the phone5 to the AVH-x8500BHS unit for telephone calls.

Am I missing anything?

I have the 8500 and Netflix and waze both work. Netflix I have to pick what I watch with iPhone controls

But I'm not to sure you can hook up both phones to deck at the same time

The iPhone 5 gets controlled by blue tooth and I think only one of two USB is meant to work with the iPhone

I wasn't able to blue tooth two phones at same time with my 8500. Think I blue tooth the ipad and the iPhone 5 at same time but I never used the ipad on the 8500 so I'm not sure. I could try again sometime

Hello,

I have a SPH-DA02 paied with iPhone 4s (5.1.1) all works well and have donated to Mike.

Great work Mike!

Please could y'all help with the following:

- In front screen select radio - radio works as should

- Select apps button - go through to app screen - radio turns off

Is it possible to us radio from front screen and apps at same time?

Thanks in advance of your help.

Mooooooch

@mike

Can you give a update about the progression on the speed problem on the iphone 4.

Im patiently waiting since you starting with the ios6 crack.

Thanks

Nothing positive yet. I haven't had a lot of free time in the past week, but I'll give it another shot this weekend.

I like how AppEx has the Accept switch (or bypass) for not having to hit Allow for Pandora and the App Radio App.  I wish it had the same option for a-ha radio though.  I honestly don't use that app all that much but it is the remaining app that has that nag screen.  I'm wondering if there are plans to add that down the road?