AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AppRadio crashes, the phone gets hot and sluggish, the internal icons scroll slowly/act like they are being held down and go into move/delete mode.  When in mirror smetimes the screen is small and centered vertically. Removing the cable starting over fixes it sometimes booting the radio or phone is needed.

Greetings! Great forum! Mike, what a great developer you are! You totally make this device a near must have for iPhone folks. I have an iphone 5, jailbroken running the new beta app ex w/ an AppRadio 3 I had installed today. For the most part it works. A few quirks:

1. The parking brake (for me) needs to be "off" to get the annoying Pioneer Warning Screen to go away--any suggestions to permanently get rid of all of the various Warning Screens would be fab.

2. The bluetooth connection seems a little sluggish to connect and when I which in/out of App Mode it takes a second or two longer than I thought it would--not a deal breaker, just not exactly what I would have expected.

3. When I set up the order of the apps and the "dock" using the app extensions they go away the next time I hook up the phone. It always starts w/any pioneer app radio apps in the first screen of apps, then a random order of "my" apps that I added. Anyway to get "my apps" to "stay" in the order I put them in b/t connections? (that would MAKE this device rock!). On a related note, anyway to permanently delete any of the "stock" Pioneer apps like "Maps", "Calendar", etc. I was using Navigon perfectly today and Pocket Informant as well--both go right into lanscape mode on the "big screen".

4. Any other tricks to force apps into landscape mode?

Will continue to support the developer and willing to help "test" any betas on the AppRadio 3 to further perfect it!

thanks,

d

AppRadio crashes, the phone gets hot and sluggish, the internal icons scroll slowly/act like they are being held down and go into move/delete mode.  When in mirror smetimes the screen is small and centered vertically. Removing the cable starting over fixes it sometimes booting the radio or phone is needed.

What phone are you using?

@blueberry: Welcome to the forum. As a new member please search this area of the forum before posting as some of your questions are already answered.

1. Not AppEx related. Please search the forum for bypass related threads.

2. Likely not AppEx related.

3. Known issue with AppEx. May be updated in future.

Also AppEx is not "unit specific" as far as I know so if something doesn't work on AR3 its going to be related to differences in software of that unit and will have nothing to do with AppEx. AppEx only pertains to the App Radio app on your phone.

Also AppEx is not "unit specific" as far as I know so if something doesn't work on AR3 its going to be related to differences in software of that unit and will have nothing to do with AppEx. AppEx only pertains to the App Radio app on your phone.

That's my thought process as well. At this point, I'm not really sure why the AppRadio 3 would crash while the 1 and 2 work fine.

I have a Iphone 5 with 6.1.2 Jailbreak.   I am experincing crashing without the phone even connected to the radio when I am able to get it to connect to the Appradio 3 it looks stock once I hit the home button and exit out of the appradio 3 app my phone crashes.

I have tried turning off different settings also checked to see if anything might be somthing conflicting and closed all applications. Maybe there is a issues with Iphone 5 and 6.1.2 ? There shouldn't be any reason the phone should crash while not connected to the radio.   I experince the crash when turning a app on in show menu.

If you have been able to get extensions to work with Appradio please let us know what phone model you have and what firmware you are using and what settings you have enabled.

THANKS

Yep I didn't even relize that. I got it working phone runs really hot tho but it works. It's too bad I can't get the audio to play for apple maps through my unit . 

Thats actually the way the app is programed so there is no way to get it to work unless Apple makes a change.

What do you mean by this? Does GPS instruction not come through the head unit? That seems kind of pointless...

hello I have a avh8400bt with 2.3.0 and the latest AppRadio beta.al put AppRadio takes time to start and restart the application and the application does not work, nor the music. any solution?im iphone 4 thanks.

I have the same configuration and everything woks fine except from the touch calibration (Mike works on it). Did you restart restart your phone after the installation of appradio extensions?

• RonS locked this topic