AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With my AVIC-X950BH, I tried to run Safari and it loads but only in portrait mode.  Landscape is not forced like Google Maps for example.  However, if I tilt the phone itself to lanscape mode, then it will mirror on the radio.  Not sure why Safari doesn't work but Google Maps does.  Second thing, if you run a video from say ESPN, you can't get out of it like on the phone.  I can't figure out a way to get back to the prior page unless I do it on the phone itself.

Two other questions:

1) I forgot what Forced Mirror is used for.

2) The on screen keyboard for either Safari or Google Maps is off to the left and up a bit.  Will the X Y switches compensate for the offset?  I haven't had an opportunity to try it yet but figured I'd ask while I was here.  May answer my own question later this week when I get a chance to play around with it.

Overall I'm impressed to see that I can now use Safari as Car Browser won't even load on the AVIC units.  With the exception of Car Media Player and a few other apps, it appears the unsupported apps work better than the supported apps (at least on the AVIC series for me).

Greetings,

After reading through the posts using the search term "bypass", I am a little confused about what I need regarding the parking brake bypass. I have a iPhone 5, App Radio 3, with AppEx beta 17 installed. I purchased a 4 wire relay from Ebay, but no car audio shop will install it as "that would be illegal and I could get fired"--which I realize is unfortunately true, but frankly I have no desire to take out the head unit (again). So one car audio shop suggested purchasing a toggle switch at Radio Shack. So today I purchased a toggle switch and "cut" the green wire to my parking brake which was easily accessible on my FJ in the center console. So currently I have "green wire coming from head unit, then attached to the toggle switch, then remaining green wire from toggle switch to parking brake". Is this correct? So I toggle it "on"--what should happen? I still seem to get some of the app radio 3's annoying warning screens. On the AppEx settings, I have the App Radio and Pandora Bypass Settings to "accept"--is this correct w/ my set up? I saw where some folks in older posts had their green wires going to "ground" and not to the parking brake at all--I didn't think I could do that on an App Radio 3. Just looking for some clarification.

thanks,

D

Greetings,

After reading through the posts using the search term "bypass", I am a little confused about what I need regarding the parking brake bypass. I have a iPhone 5, App Radio 3, with AppEx beta 17 installed. I purchased a 4 wire relay from Ebay, but no car audio shop will install it as "that would be illegal and I could get fired"--which I realize is unfortunately true, but frankly I have no desire to take out the head unit (again). So one car audio shop suggested purchasing a toggle switch at Radio Shack. So today I purchased a toggle switch and "cut" the green wire to my parking brake which was easily accessible on my FJ in the center console. So currently I have "green wire coming from head unit, then attached to the toggle switch, then remaining green wire from toggle switch to parking brake". Is this correct? So I toggle it "on"--what should happen? I still seem to get some of the app radio 3's annoying warning screens. On the AppEx settings, I have the App Radio and Pandora Bypass Settings to "accept"--is this correct w/ my set up? I saw where some folks in older posts had their green wires going to "ground" and not to the parking brake at all--I didn't think I could do that on an App Radio 3. Just looking for some clarification.

thanks,

D

And why would you post a bypass related question in a thread about AppEx? You need go back and search again for threads pertaining to the bypass.

Hey what's up everyone mike I haves question I have a iPhone 4s w iOS 5.1.1 jailbroken not sure what appradio ext version I have !

My question is did you ever get any newer versions

Of ios

To work properly w app radio extensions??

I was

Wondering of its

Possible for me to ever upgrade o an iPhone 5 ??? Or I have an iPhone 4s that's a spare that's on the newest iOS ??

Not sure if I can jail brake or not ????

Hey what's up everyone mike I haves question I have a iPhone 4s w iOS 5.1.1 jailbroken not sure what appradio ext version I have !

My question is did you ever get any newer versions

Of ios

To work properly w app radio extensions??

I was

Wondering of its

Possible for me to ever upgrade o an iPhone 5 ??? Or I have an iPhone 4s that's a spare that's on the newest iOS ??

Not sure if I can jail brake or not ????

AppEx runs on both the iPhone 4S and 5, iOS 6.

You can't jailbreak certain versions of the OS though.

Car Browser works fine for me.

But you're using an actual AppRadio (SPH Series) if I recall.  As we have discovered, it appears that the NAV AVIC units were not designed the same so what may work on the SPH series is not working on the AVIC series.  It seems that Pioneer has developed and tested these apps with the SPH series in mind but they didn't do enough R&D to get the other head units up to par with them.

What a lousy company.  Now they added more data mining junk into AppRadio v.2.40 so they can acquire stats from the company Flurry.  They say it's to help improve the app - we'll see.

And why would you post a bypass related question in a thread about AppEx? You need go back and search again for threads pertaining to the bypass.

Rorger. Some of that likely needed to be in the pure Bypass threads, but I also was curious about the appEX settings once a bypass of some sort (in my case a toggle switch) has been installed. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,

d

That's so weird.  I have an iPhone 5 and a Z150 (and latest official release of appext)...the left side of my screen is a little off while the right side is spot on (in landscape).  I can actually fully use it except for any button presses needed on the extreme left side of the screen.

I have noticed the same issue with my X950BH.  I need to touch just slightly to the left of the Q, A, SHIFT, 123 buttons and I also need to touch just slightly above the space bar.  If I hit the space bar dead on, it reboots to the home menu.  All the other keys, however, are spot on for me too.  If I try and adjust the X and Y adjustments in AppEx, it throws the whole thing way off.  Even using small increments like setting X from 1.0 > 1.25.  So for now, I just leave X and Y at 1.0 and try to remember to adjust my typing for the left and the bottom.

I have noticed the same issue with my X950BH.  I need to touch just slightly to the left of the Q, A, SHIFT, 123 buttons and I also need to touch just slightly above the space bar.  If I hit the space bar dead on, it reboots to the home menu.  All the other keys, however, are spot on for me too.  If I try and adjust the X and Y adjustments in AppEx, it throws the whole thing way off.  Even using small increments like setting X from 1.0 > 1.25.  So for now, I just leave X and Y at 1.0 and try to remember to adjust my typing for the left and the bottom.

Touch sensitivity works perfect now on my AVIC  X940BT since the last AppEX upgrade...