AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My new AppRadio 3 was installed Friday.  I've been playing around, so far so good.  Thanks to AppRadio Extensions things like Google Maps are touch enabled :-D

I didn't expect to like MixTrax so much.   It's breathed new life into my music mixes, and I love the short attention span mode track to track all matching beats.

It really sucks that you can't have MixTrax running in the background.  When you hit the home button, music STOPS!  WTF?    CarMediaPlay, Pandora, Aupeo, or non supported apps like TuneIn Radio keep the music going in all modes.

Is there a trick to force MixTrax to continue playing when I'm ready to use Google Maps etc?  (like maybe intercept the calls handing it off to AppRadio, leave it in iPhone only mode)

That's my only complaint so far, Pioneer's flag ship MixTrax music app won't play music in the background!  Is it because the auto-mixing is too CPU intensive?   There has to be a jailbreak around that limit.  (Ideas?)    it's also pretty slow to start with the long animation, and then doesn't even bother resuming. (have to click no playing, then play)

I'll post a mini video review in the near future once I dial things in more.

Any news on full screen support yet?

Refresh cydia every morning hoping for an update

I'll take a look at it this week, but I can't guarantee it working correctly on all devices. It's going to mess with the calibration (when enabled).

Does everyone just want the screen stretched to fill?

I'll take a look at it this week, but I can't guarantee it working correctly on all devices. It's going to mess with the calibration (when enabled).

I would prefer it just stretched. Or would it be possible to create "skip forward" & "skip back" buttons in the areas to each side? So when we have GPS or something running, we can still skip music using those areas on each side. It would be nice if they could actually show skip buttons that way too instead of just black bars, if that's at all possible...

Im all for full screen if possible. its always looked a little odd on my hu, not being full screen.

Can i ask how i could back out of apps if that was the case tho without the black bars either side? Im using a F930BT

Im all for full screen if possible. its always looked a little odd on my hu, not being full screen.

Can i ask how i could back out of apps if that was the case tho without the black bars either side? Im using a F930BT

Well in the latest version Mike now supports the default "home" button that backs you out of supported apps, so the same way. That's why the black bars aren't really needed anymore, hence why we're trying to find out what to use them for now; full screen or track forward/backward.

Well in the latest version Mike now supports the default "home" button that backs you out of supported apps, so the same way. That's why the black bars aren't really needed anymore, hence why we're trying to find out what to use them for now; full screen or track forward/backward.

Ah, thats what i forgot to mention, the home button doesnt work for me. Thats assuming you mean the physical home button on the head unit?

Hi Mike, I also agree a fullscreen option would be nice! The only other thing that still bugs me slightly with the current version is not remembering the order of the apps in the appradio menu, but I guess this doesn't need to be much of a priority!

Mike FYI, the music controls function you introduced in a previous version is broken with the latest version.

Still fine for me, have been using it ever since

Since I have the AVH-X5500BHS and it has fixed buttons for track forward and back I'm all for full screen with unsupported apps! I'd love for Navigon to run full screen. I hate Waze, but sometimes I just use it because it is big and nice looking, but Navigon in full screen would be great.

Again, thanks for all of your work Mike. It's a shame Pioneer won't get with the program and take some tips from you on how they could make their product so much better.

Since I have the AVH-X5500BHS and it has fixed buttons for track forward and back I'm all for full screen with unsupported apps! I'd love for Navigon to run full screen. I hate Waze, but sometimes I just use it because it is big and nice looking, but Navigon in full screen would be great.

Again, thanks for all of your work Mike. It's a shame Pioneer won't get with the program and take some tips from you on how they could make their product so much better.

I use Googiri & MapsOpener to send all voice commands to google & open all addresses or routes via google maps.  I'd use Waze more if I could send voice commands directly to Waze instead of Google Maps, (right now I have to Copy Paste search results to Waze).   Maybe that will change soon now that Google owns Waze and they are slowly merging features.

DirectionBar is another nice app to have a compass icon next to the LTE/WiFi icon.

I haven't been driving much since I installed the new AR3 last Friday so I'm still getting familiar with the quirks.  I wrote off EC Touch until I used it more, pretty slick worth the few bucks.

I'm all about getting full screen but if the calibration will suck, we'll need to dial that in right away of course.   I'm not exactly sure hwo the X Y Multipliers work yet and haven't tried changing them yet.  (still working with the basics)   I'd be happy to learn and help test next build innovations though!