AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

Now that the new iOS 7.04 Jailbreak is out, can we expect AppRadio Extensions to be made iOS 7 compatible soon?

http://modmyi.com/content/13169-how-jailbreak-your-ios-7-x-idevice-evasi0n-7.html

Does AppRadio Extensions reply on Mobile Substrate? If so I guess there is a short delay in getting a fully compatible Mobile Substrate but it's on the way soon.

I'm looking forward to having AppRadio Extension once again :-)

EDIT I thought the posts above were pre-jailbreak news looks like you're already on it

Yeah Appex does rely on mobile substrate, but this can actually be installed, but needs to be reinstalled every time the phone boots I believe until mobile substrate is updated. The problem is Appex itself is only compatible with ios 6 atm, so we're waiting on Mike for this! :)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can install the .deb from the link on the first page of this thread. Most things dont work though.

I have an Appradio 3, firmware 08.05. My iPhone 4S's firmware is 7.0.4, and i have all the newest software for the Appradio app, as well as any other app. I also have the most recent beta from the first page of this thread.

Heres my results from toying with it.

The notifications settings dont appear to work. I had old settings from an old appradio extentions install i did from bigboss that allowed me to use the "Show in menu" part of the tweak. (the menu for it is currently broken.) It displays the unsupported apps on the appradio, but clicking on them makes the iphone cash (respring.) I couldn't test Landscape Lock. The siri button works great. the music controls button shows a blank icon, and for me it didnt work. the clock and battery settings work fine. Bypass lauch alert for the Appradio, as well as the Pandora app, seems to be working great. Using the pandora bookmark as a home button crashed my iphone (made it respring.)

Hope this helps a bit.

- Matt

EDIT: I forgot to add, installing the .deb file from the first page of the thread will still give errors. But the installation will be successful.

post-113115-0-15852000-1388358183_thumb.png

post-113115-0-75669500-1388358183_thumb.png

post-113115-0-79096200-1388358184_thumb.png

post-113115-0-22300700-1388358185_thumb.png

post-113115-0-70346600-1388358185_thumb.png

post-113115-0-66535400-1388358186_thumb.png

You can install the .deb from the link on the first page of this thread. Most things dont work though.

I have an Appradio 3, firmware 08.05. My iPhone 4S's firmware is 7.0.4, and i have all the newest software for the Appradio app, as well as any other app. I also have the most recent beta from the first page of this thread.

Heres my results from toying with it.

The notifications settings dont appear to work. I had old settings from an old appradio extentions install i did from bigboss that allowed me to use the "Show in menu" part of the tweak. (the menu for it is currently broken.) It displays the unsupported apps on the appradio, but clicking on them makes the iphone cash (respring.) I couldn't test Landscape Lock. The siri button works great. the music controls button shows a blank icon, and for me it didnt work. the clock and battery settings work fine. Bypass lauch alert for the Appradio, as well as the Pandora app, seems to be working great. Using the pandora bookmark as a home button crashed my iphone (made it respring.)

Hope this helps a bit.

- Matt

EDIT: I forgot to add, installing the .deb file from the first page of the thread will still give errors. But the installation will be successful.

Thanks for this, very helpful. I wonder if touch input still works on unsupported apps if they are launched from the phone itself if anyone has an iphone 5/5s, so the apps can still be mirrored via the HDMI...

Iphone 4s iOs 7.0.4 not put the deb file using iFile ,error code 256.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough, sorry. It will install and it will give you errors. But, given you have all the dependencies installed (except having ios 6) the appradio extentions settings will be inside the settings app.

If someone could recompile it with different dependencies (so it installs installs on 7 witout errors), that'd be great, because every time i go into cydia to install something, it tries to remove this package. This wouldn't happen if ios 6 wasn't a dependency.

-Matt

To remove the dependency issue do this...

Once AppEx is installed

Open iFile

Navigate to private>var>lib>dpkg

Once there, there is a file labeled "status" open with text editor.

Scroll down till you find the appradio extensions package and change the firmware dependency.

Worked for me. At least the cydia wanting to remove it part.

I'm not sure if this was already a feature, but I'd like to ask and or request it.

I'd like to be able to play MixTrax app via Blue Tooth audio while the Lightening plug isn't plugged in. 

Right now if I try to play MixTrax, I get no audio at all.   I think the App Radio is trying to force it down the cable, and I can't play it even via iPhone speaker.   If bluetooth is enabled and connected the back end AppRadio takes over.

The reason I want this is, I use a battery case with micro USB charging.   I found myself using this more often than not, so I haven't been using the Lightening connectivity as often as I used to. 

So basically I'm looking for a way to disable the app radio connection while not plugged in via Lightning.   (and use generic blue tooth stereo only)

Is this possible for AppRadio Extensions to autodetect if we are plugged into lightning or now, and or fake out MixTrax to work?   It sux that I finally started liking MixTrax and now it doesn't work unless I take my iphone out of the battery case, and plug in lightning.  

hello ,

Since the recent jailbreak ios 7, I've tried:

iphone 4s ios 7.0.4 with evasi0n7
AppRadio Extensions 2.0.1-1 (install successful , work and crash when select unsupported apps in menu)

bug: springboard crashes during application switching or closing AppRadio app, not functional on SPH-DA01 ...

respring , respring , respring …