AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

Hi Mike

I'm from south africa, just want to congratulate you on the awesome work. Extensions works flawlessly on my AVH-P8450BT (same as 8400BH).

Will be contributing very soon after my paypal account is verified and created.

Just a quick one...any news on the fullscreen tweak? That would make this absolutely awesome!!!

Thanks

Kris

You don't have touch screen calibration issues in 8400? What is your configuration (IOS version, iphone, etc)?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope. No errors. Iphone 4S iOS 6.1. Latest app extensions and left as default y:1 x:1

However that being said, thr cable needed pressure when i inserted it into the iphone and didnt wanna work after a while. I battled 3 hours with it yesterday and finally opened the 30 pin connector of the interface cable that plugs into the iphone and i was horrified by the way this was soldered. No wonder it needed pressure since the workmanship on the cable was very poor. Of course now im stuck with no cable since about 5 of them have been disconnected. Does anyone have the wiring configurations or pinouts to get it working again? i have the wiring pinouts for the 30 pin apple connector, but need to match and configure with the 2 cables wires. it looks like one batch wires is for the video and audio and the other batch is for the usb power. Can anyone help? Or is it just gonna be beter to order cheap ones from amazon? I paid R800 for it here in south africa, which is about $80. To pay that much for a cable of inferior quality is not a good feeling. Any help? Kris

Hi Mike

I'm from south africa, just want to congratulate you on the awesome work. Extensions works flawlessly on my AVH-P8450BT (same as 8400BH).

Will be contributing very soon after my paypal account is verified and created.

Just a quick one...any news on the fullscreen tweak? That would make this absolutely awesome!!!

Thanks

Kris

What "full screen tweak" are you talking about? Is it just your iphone displayed on the headunit like Extentions?

What "full screen tweak" are you talking about? Is it just your iphone displayed on the headunit like Extentions?

To run the apps in full screen. As in get rid of the black bars and fill the whole screen with the application. Check a couple of pages back. Everyone requests that as their top change that they would like to see.

Anyone heard any more news about AppRadio Extensions for IOS 7??? He hasn't released any more status updates or an ETA. Anyone know if he is still working on it?

This was post only 2 pages ago on 135, please read a bit before thinking you're the only one asking for this :-P

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/34188-appradio-extensions-20-beta-full-iphone-control/?p=274307

We are all eagerly awaiting to enjoy app radio extensions once again.

I'm not sure if this was already a feature, but I'd like to ask and or request it.

I'd like to be able to play MixTrax app via Blue Tooth audio while the Lightening plug isn't plugged in. 

Right now if I try to play MixTrax, I get no audio at all.   I think the App Radio is trying to force it down the cable, and I can't play it even via iPhone speaker.   If bluetooth is enabled and connected the back end AppRadio takes over.

The reason I want this is, I use a battery case with micro USB charging.   I found myself using this more often than not, so I haven't been using the Lightening connectivity as often as I used to. 

So basically I'm looking for a way to disable the app radio connection while not plugged in via Lightning.   (and use generic blue tooth stereo only)

Is this possible for AppRadio Extensions to autodetect if we are plugged into lightning or now, and or fake out MixTrax to work?   It sux that I finally started liking MixTrax and now it doesn't work unless I take my iphone out of the battery case, and plug in lightning.  

Has anyome addressed this issue? Streaming music without the lightihg cable is a must! Have you figured out how to play music using A2DP?

I was just at the CES in Vegas.  I brought up the problem of not being able to use MixTrax via A2DP to the head Pioneer guy there.   I even showed him via a real time demo.   It was a bitch to find pair my iPhone via bluetooth with 100's of devices around but I got it to work.   He was like wow I didn't know about this, and thanked me for reporting it.

In answer to my own questions a few pages back regarding iPods that nobody answered. Here is the information in case anyone else needs it. From what I've seen, it isn't possible to use app radio extensions with an ipod older than the 4g (need ios version 6+ which is only available from ipod 4g+). The 4g allows mirroring of apps using the 30 pin cable that comes with the radio. Non-supported apps work great (although they don't appear completely full screen even when horizontal). Great work Mike.

One thing I can't seem to find information about is using the app radio GPS with gps only applications (like copilot/TomTom) which doesn't require an internet connection to function. The app just says "no GPS connection" although if I go to radio settings it says "signal good".

That's the issue for me with an ipod, no built in GPS. It is possible on android as there as now several apps which can use the GPS functionality (AR Liberator, appradio unchained, ARUnchained GPS Injector). Is this feature implemented and it just isn't working for me, or is this something that hasn't been developed yet?

If it isn't developed yet, the same methodology used by the injector could help solve the issue (injecting mock locations from the radio to the ios device).

Anyone with a 4S having issues with preferenceloader? I can't seem to get anything to show up in the settings app. Works fine on my 5S.

Edit: Nevermind. There is something wrong with the AppEx code, causing preferenceloader to fail.

With the latest beta on my iPhone 4S, version 7.0.4 and the newest PreferenceLoader it loads like it usually would. Though the Submenues dont work properly.

Anyone with a 4S having issues with preferenceloader? I can't seem to get anything to show up in the settings app. Works fine on my 5S.

Edit: Nevermind. There is something wrong with the AppEx code, causing preferenceloader to fail.

Hey mike on my iphone 5s i was able to install appradio but when I go into settings & look at the appradio ext its telling me that there was a error loading preference bundle