AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

This was exactly my thinking, upgraded to ios7 about a week ago as I didn't want to risk missing out on the window!

and this is why I am back on my iphone 4 on 6.1 and my iphone 5 on 7 on my glove compartment  also got a company phone Samsung  S3 with arunchained and waiting patiently, hopefully will come out soon will definitely make a donation once its out.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hy guys i updated to appradio extensions 2 via cydia

No its harder to go back to my other apps

I have to reload appradio by phone

Everytime i exit

Is there a downgrade available please

Really need this bk

Gonna cause a accident i swear

If it aint broke dont fix it

Hy guys i updated to appradio extensions 2 via cydia

No its harder to go back to my other apps

I have to reload appradio by phone

Everytime i exit

Is there a downgrade available please

Really need this bk

Gonna cause a accident i swear

If it aint broke dont fix it

I'm having the same issues. The screen will go blank after messing with an app and then I have to start all over again.

Aint been following since this has workd on my 4s

Now i upgraded realise ios 7 not compatible with apex hope theres an update soon

In the mean time a downgrade link will be good for previous appex as i downloaded on 4s blindly and its not as good as before

Thanks donated

1st post and I am looking for some hope.  I have a jailbroken iPhone 5 (iOS7), AVH-X7500BT with the CDIVAV202AV to get the full functionality.

I am very technically and mechanically oriented and am a big fan of pushing the envelope.  I can work with and be happy with things requiring some patience but this setup is really frustrating and dangerous.

I still have a window to return my items and have installed them and everything "works".  Like most, I suspect, the main reason I got this setup was for AppRadio to much more seamlessly use in-car bluetooth phone, Waze, Pandora, and iHeart Radio.  I used them all in my car via my iPhone, but wanted a safer, cooler, and more integrated setup.  For that matter, the head unit is very nice.

Long story short, Appradio is waaaay too buggy and clunky.  It is downright dangerous and I am heartbroken and planning on a removal and return.

I can't swipe scroll in Waze, (swipe scrolling is general is very laggy) playlists don't show in CarMediaPlayer or Stezza, Appradio mode drops out to blank screen or requires access acknowledge on the iPhone itself (which was the whole point of the setup).

What gives me hope is I did my research before I dove in and AppRadio apparently has worked rather well in the past but, being new to this, my experience has been bad.  I do not see a high level of "activity" or responsiveness on the web in regards to addressing these issues.  Further I see that Pioneer has regularly released updates and this and 2.6.1 is already a couple of weeks old- so what gives?  Where's the acknowledgment from Pioneer?  Is it just my problem?  iOS?

So what's the story?  Will this thing work?  Has it worked?  I have until early March to return everything and don't want to be stuck with a system that feels like a 0.9 beta and run into a tree or something worse.

Is there an FAQ that explains what this particular thread is about?  This (Appex) appears to be an alternate for AppRadio, and I am very interested in that.

Thanks!

Steven

1st post and I am looking for some hope.  I have a jailbroken iPhone 5 (iOS7), AVH-X7500BT with the CDIVAV202AV to get the full functionality.

I am very technically and mechanically oriented and am a big fan of pushing the envelope.  I can work with and be happy with things requiring some patience but this setup is really frustrating and dangerous.

I still have a window to return my items and have installed them and everything "works".  Like most, I suspect, the main reason I got this setup was for AppRadio to much more seamlessly use in-car bluetooth phone, Waze, Pandora, and iHeart Radio.  I used them all in my car via my iPhone, but wanted a safer, cooler, and more integrated setup.  For that matter, the head unit is very nice.

Long story short, Appradio is waaaay too buggy and clunky.  It is downright dangerous and I am heartbroken and planning on a removal and return.

I can't swipe scroll in Waze, (swipe scrolling is general is very laggy) playlists don't show in CarMediaPlayer or Stezza, Appradio mode drops out to blank screen or requires access acknowledge on the iPhone itself (which was the whole point of the setup).

What gives me hope is I did my research before I dove in and AppRadio apparently has worked rather well in the past but, being new to this, my experience has been bad.  I do not see a high level of "activity" or responsiveness on the web in regards to addressing these issues.  Further I see that Pioneer has regularly released updates and this and 2.6.1 is already a couple of weeks old- so what gives?  Where's the acknowledgment from Pioneer?  Is it just my problem?  iOS?

So what's the story?  Will this thing work?  Has it worked?  I have until early March to return everything and don't want to be stuck with a system that feels like a 0.9 beta and run into a tree or something worse.

Is there an FAQ that explains what this particular thread is about?  This (Appex) appears to be an alternate for AppRadio, and I am very interested in that.

Thanks!

Steven

Appradio extensions(this thread) is a way to make your Appradio deck work just like your iphone/ipod.  It will have the same screen and functions as your iphone.  It basicly just puts your ios screen on the deck screen instead of using only certain pioneer apps.  Its pretty cool and actualy makes the appradio worth while.  Check out the following video to give you an idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l1woaiMGmQ

30 seconds in is where you'll see the real functions of AppRadio Extensions

BTW, I will donate again if and when it works with ios 7!

Mike, if you're listening, I read on your twitter "@tweakrandom Not yet. I need to figure out a new way to mirror apps to the head unit.".  Are you having problems getting the mirrored image to display or the touch input to work? I was messing with ios 7 and AP Extensions, and DisplayOut.  AP Extensions, obviously doesn't work with ios 7 but, DisplayOut does work very well with ios 7.  If you're having problems with the image mirioring, perhaps you can look in to how DisplayOut does it or use DIsplay Out with your app and simply make the touch input on the AppRadio work to the ios screen?

Aint been following since this has workd on my 4s

Now i upgraded realise ios 7 not compatible with apex hope theres an update soon

In the mean time a downgrade link will be good for previous appex as i downloaded on 4s blindly and its not as good as before

Thanks donated

All of the older beta's are still hosted on my website. Just take the link from the first post and change the beta number.

Mike, if you're listening, I read on your twitter "@tweakrandom Not yet. I need to figure out a new way to mirror apps to the head unit.".  Are you having problems getting the mirrored image to display or the touch input to work? I was messing with ios 7 and AP Extensions, and DisplayOut.  AP Extensions, obviously doesn't work with ios 7 but, DisplayOut does work very well with ios 7.  If you're having problems with the image mirioring, perhaps you can look in to how DisplayOut does it or use DIsplay Out with your app and simply make the touch input on the AppRadio work to the ios screen?

It's a bit more complicated than that (last I checked at least). DisplayOut works with the AppRadio by streaming the phone screen as a video to an external display. That's why you need the bypass for it to show on the head unit. When a video is displayed on the head unit, it takes control away from the running app and stops sending touch events to the device.

AppEx was based completely inside of the AppRadio app while it was kept running in the background. The mirrored app on the head unit was actually the AppRadio app displaying an image of the device screen. This made reading touch input much easier because it was using the actual Pioneer API and forwarding the events to the app on the device.

iOS 7 broke both the backgrounding and mirroring code, basically forcing us to start over.

• RonS locked this topic