AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

It's a bit more complicated than that (last I checked at least). DisplayOut works with the AppRadio by streaming the phone screen as a video to an external display. That's why you need the bypass for it to show on the head unit. When a video is displayed on the head unit, it takes control away from the running app and stops sending touch events to the device.

AppEx was based completely inside of the AppRadio app while it was kept running in the background. The mirrored app on the head unit was actually the AppRadio app displaying an image of the device screen. This made reading touch input much easier because it was using the actual Pioneer API and forwarding the events to the app on the device.

iOS 7 broke both the backgrounding and mirroring code, basically forcing us to start over.

Darn....

Correct me if i'm wrong here, the compatible apps screen, inside the appradio app on the iphone, looks identical to the to the appradio app on the reciever itself(see photos).  Is it not doing the same thing as display out just adding touch?  Or did they just make it look the same?  If it is doing it the same way, is there a way to hijack it or duplicate it?

24ls8qf.jpg

14uuek6.jpg

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darn....

Correct me if i'm wrong here, the compatible apps screen, inside the appradio app on the iphone, looks identical to the to the appradio app on the reciever itself(see photos).  Is it not doing the same thing as display out just adding touch?  Or did they just make it look the same?  If it is doing it the same way, is there a way to hijack it or duplicate it?

DisplayOut converts the iPhone screen into a video and displays it on an external device. The AppRadio uses an iOS feature that lets apps have multiple windows, where the second window happens to be displayed on the head unit. The identical screens you see in the AppRadio app are actually two different windows with the same content (programmatically, not just a mirrored image).

DisplayOut converts the iPhone screen into a video and displays it on an external device. The AppRadio uses an iOS feature that lets apps have multiple windows, where the second window happens to be displayed on the head unit. The identical screens you see in the AppRadio app are actually two different windows with the same content (programmatically, not just a mirrored image).

darn again... Do you have a write up somewhere about how you're doing the extension?

darn again... Do you have a write up somewhere about how you're doing the extension?

When you press an app icon on the head unit, the AppRadio app is sent to the background while remaining in an active state (similar to Backgrounder) and the new app is launched. Since the AppRadio app thinks it is active, it still displays a window on the head unit and accepts touch input. The AppRadio app then begins to capture the iPhone's screen and displays it in the window on the head unit. The touch input is rerouted to app on the iPhone screen.

When you press an app icon on the head unit, the AppRadio app is sent to the background while remaining in an active state (similar to Backgrounder) and the new app is launched. Since the AppRadio app thinks it is active, it still displays a window on the head unit and accepts touch input. The AppRadio app then begins to capture the iPhone's screen and displays it in the window on the head unit. The touch input is rerouted to app on the iPhone screen.

Hello Mike, have you test "background manage" in ios 7 ? for me is better than backgrounder.... more possibility. 

Hello Mike,

So you are saying the appraido app with app ex was basically streaming the screen similar to using a remote app to your computer? Like team viewer or VNC?

Maybe you could make an appex allow you to connect to your Ipod/Iphone using a browser that would get you passed the touch portion because you are running everything in the web browser that is authorized. Is there already a remote server app that can be placed on the iphone? since you are essentially connecting to yourself it would be rather quick. I was trying to figure out how to make my Iphone 4 auto mirror my iphone 5 to the appraido.  GL with the project maybe "IOS in the Car" will come out and work with appraido or allow you to make your app work.

Edit:

Veency does it but I can not get it to connect with a web browser like the real VNC for computers.

Ok so why all the arm chair developers here? You'd think the man knows what does and doesn't work here so lets let him do what he does and be patient. Im sure if all these suggestions were possible it would already work.

Hey looks like your a dick head for no reason... Maybe he/they are stuck and need a view from the outside. Either way you got so many posts cause you are the king of the trolls quit being a cunt all the time..

Hey looks like your a dick head for no reason... Maybe he/they are stuck and need a view from the outside. Either way you got so many posts cause you are the king of the trolls quit being a cunt all the time..

You use vulgarity at anyone else on this forum and you won't be here any longer. The point I am making is that all of these suggestions are obvious to someone that knows what they are doing as he obviously does. There is nothing more irritating then someone who has no clue as to what goes into something like this, try and give suggestions to someone that does. And if you have a clue, you should be on his team helping make this happen. You guys are acting like this is taking to long. Remember he is doing this on his own time and for FREE! Let the man do what he does. When its ready, if it ever is, he will let us know. Now, you don't have to like what I am saying or how Im saying it. But you do have to maintain respect to other members on this forum.

Accepting donations to me is not as you put it FREE!! it is doing to for hella cheap.  All the Obvious suggestions are not always obvious to the person that they should be. 

Basically says he was doing what VNC or Veency does, with-in the Appraido app maybe he never considered running it inside the web browser.  Or maybe he is not a network engineer and never considered having the commands issued over a network connection circumventing the pioneer completely. 

VBLUE42, on 26 Feb 2014 - 12:07 PM, said:VBLUE42, on 26 Feb 2014 - 12:07 PM, said:

Ok so why all the arm chair developers here? You'd think the man knows what does and doesn't work here so lets let him do what he does and be patient. Im sure if all these suggestions were possible it would already work.

I seem to remember for the ios6 backgrounding issue, it was a suggestion from a forum member regarding the musiccontrolspro tweak that gave Mike what he needed to get backgrounding working. Where's the harm in people throwing out suggestions just in case one might help?

Firstly hello!, long time reader first post....

I am a developer myself and often find discussions on forums such as these can often trigger something leading me to solving problems from a completely different angle. It's usefull, sometime you just can't see the wood for trees.

I jailbroke especially for app radio extensions just after xmas and have stalked Mike D on twitter religiously every hour since hoping for an update :)

Gutted to hear it has possibly run out of steam.

Reading Mike's explanation on how it originally works made me smile - pretty slick, I like it.

Mike can I be cheeky and ask for a copy of the code?

Would love to have a dig about and see what I can hack together,obviously I'd feedback if I find anything of interest.

Firstly hello!, long time reader first post....

I am a developer myself and often find discussions on forums such as these can often trigger something leading me to solving problems from a completely different angle. It's usefull, sometime you just can't see the wood for trees.

I jailbroke especially for app radio extensions just after xmas and have stalked Mike D on twitter religiously every hour since hoping for an update :)

Gutted to hear it has possibly run out of steam.

Reading Mike's explanation on how it originally works made me smile - pretty slick, I like it.

Mike can I be cheeky and ask for a copy of the code?

Would love to have a dig about and see what I can hack together,obviously I'd feedback if I find anything of interest.

I wouldn't say run out of steam just yet. I still have a few ideas.

Just sent you a DM about the code. 

Thanks mike keep it up

I don't get how too download install the old beta

You say change and copy the link so I change the number to 16. .? Previous

Where how do I install this in cydia sources?

CAN ANYONE HELP

Can we all pay someone to create a app for this 100 followers x $10 = 1K

Would that be enough for this ???

Hope there's progress mate you didn't say ..? :)))) all the best good luck cracking this

Thanks mike keep it up

I don't get how too download install the old beta

You say change and copy the link so I change the number to 16. .? Previous

Where how do I install this in cydia sources?

CAN ANYONE HELP

Can we all pay someone to create a app for this 100 followers x $10 = 1K

Would that be enough for this ???

Hope there's progress mate you didn't say ..? :)))) all the best good luck cracking this

The link for the latest beta is http://mikedecaro.com/repo/AppRadioExtensions_2.1.0_Beta17.deb. You can change the file name to AppRadioExtensions_2.1.0_Beta16.deb, AppRadioExtensions_2.1.0_Beta15.deb, etc. to install older versions. Download the file on your computer, email it to yourself, and open on the phone using iFile.