AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going to take someone that can program, has an App Radio unit, and can devote free time to the task. Just like the developer that started this in the first place. Not some unknown group claiming they will devote time and resources for a price. Until that happens this project is dead. Please stop beating this dead horse.

Vblue42 your definitely right about that i guess i'll hold off and wait maybe someone will develop Carplay Extensions  and figure out a way to mirror iPhone thru that,  but in the mean time i think I am going to purchase a mirabox with hdmi output  i won't have touch functionality but will be  able to mirror  my iPhone on my Nex-4000 and have it done through hdmi input on Pioneer unit. However Im still willing to donate to get something for IOS 8.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey wondering if you guys can help me figure out something with this. Heres my setup:

Pioneer AVG-X4700BS appradio one headunit

Using iPhone 3gs running 6.1.4 tethered to my iPhone 5 for internet.

When I connect the usb cable to my head unit and to the 3gs it loads appradio like it should and it shows apps like messages and waze in the head unit, when I press the app I want to launch on the head unit it shows that I pressed it (pressed on the headunit) and loads that app on my phone but the display on the pioneer still shows the icons of the apps.

I have all the dependencies installed but no tv out style app installed because every one in cydia said that it would uninstall appradio extensions if I install it. Is that ok?

What am I doing wrong? Im basically just trying to get the pioneer to show the maps in waze on the headunit. Thanks

I'm pretty sure you need the official cable(CD-IU201V) to use the older phones(iPhone 3GS/4/4S, iPod Touch 4th Gen) with that radio as the video from the phone is analogue and needs to be run in through a 3.5mm jack on the rear of the radio.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/Accessories/Smartphone-and-iPod-Cables/CD-IU201V

Edit, I was right, extract taken from the manual!

2q9i0e8.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Sorry to resurrect a thread "declared dead", but I would like to point out some recent events..

The iPhone 4S can be downgraded to iOS 6.1.3 now (as long as you aren't on iOS 9.1), so all those out there (like me) who have some old iPhones hidden away in drawers might consider giving them a new purpose.

I would like to know if anybody still has the appradio 2.30 ipa file?

after all, appEx for iOS 6 worked amazingly!