AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

I have very strange difficulties with my iPhone 4… If I try to open up a app from the AppRadio App, nothing happens, just blackscreen. Just updated my AppRadio to Version 2.5… DisplayOut works great, but TVOut from AppRadio Extensions seems to fail… And even the "CarMediaPlayer" does not start… Just blackscreen again... iOS 5.0.1!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so...I'm running stock firmware and the new 1.7.1 update....and these seem to be the problems that I am having

I can open (a regular) app from the radio and TOUCH IS WORKING!!!! but I can't go from the app back to the list of apps on the radio, I have to press the iPhone button and all I see is the pioneer app in TVOut and it locks up and I have to force close the pioneer app.....should I be on 2.5 FW?? would that help???

Once again thanks a million for your work on this!!!!!!

I can open (a regular) app from the radio and TOUCH IS WORKING!!!! but I can't go from the app back to the list of apps on the radio, I have to press the iPhone button and all I see is the pioneer app in TVOut and it locks up and I have to force close the pioneer app.....should I be on 2.5 FW?? would that help???

App switching doesn't work correctly yet. When the AppRadio app gets backgrounded, it can get stuck on the springboard. Try pressing on the black bars to the left or right of the mirrored screen. It should kick you back to the AppRadio app.

Touch is working! Well except for waze, any ideas why? cause they use their own version of TvOut?

Any app that contains support for external displays but is not approved by Pioneer will not work properly. I have to manually add them to a whitelist. If you post the bundle identifier for the app, I can add it.

Any app that contains support for external displays but is not approved by Pioneer will not work properly. I have to manually add them to a whitelist. If you post the bundle identifier for the app, I can add it.

For Waze CFBundleId is com.waze.iphone

Turns out it's a bit more complicated than just adding them to the white list. I'll have to work on this for beta 3.

Hey Mike, let me start off by saying, great job with this!!!

I tried out the beta 2 for a little bit tonight and I noticed that the display out works pretty good but I have noticed one issue.

I have my phone mounted in landscape with the dock connector on the left side. This causes issues with the apps touch control functions on the app radio. I did figure out that they all worked fine if I flip the phone over to have the doc connector on the right side.

I was wondering if you can make a toggle in the appradio extensions setting to designate which way the landscape mode is in, ie doc connector right or doc connector left and the touch controls in the extension flip to work in either mounting direction?

I'm looking forward to trying out beta 3 in the future.

JC

Okay, I'm missing something. I downloaded the beta, but don't know how to install it. It doesn't show up in Cydia. Please give me instructions,

Thanks, Ron

Nevermind I went back through this thread and found it under Page 6.

• RonS locked this topic