AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any real hope for getting AppEx or another extension like it to work on IOS 7? It's the only reason I jailbroke my 4s. I run Life360 which appears to have issues with IOS 7.0.6 & the jailbreak is preventing me from updating. If there is no real hope in getting AppEx to run on IOS 7 the need for a stable Life360 is outweighing my need for the jailbreak.

It is compatible with ios7, it backgrounds the appradio app on ios 7. That's the first step towards getting appex working on ios7.

I downloaded the source code from github as well and when I went to compile the code initially in Sublime it failed because I was missing some of the necessary api's or environment paths for THEOS. I googled and downloaded the necessary api's and setup the necessary THEOS directories but now I'm getting a compile error of "clang: error: cannot use 'objective-c++-cpp-output' output with multiple -arch options". Never developed apps for the iPhone before so I'm not really sure how to resolve the issue.

you need to have dpkg-deb installed.

If an IOS developer appears to have abandoned the project its probably safe to say any of us without any IOS/cydia app experience are not going to be able to do much. I think the biggest issue with the project was the touch input being passed to the iPhone. They've done it on ARUnchained and I believe there is a new build of that which completely ditches Pioneers app so there is hope there if the systems are similar?

iPhone 5s

Freshly updated to iOS 7.1.2

Jailbroken with Pangu

App Radio does not work with AVIC-F60BT.

Mike - there's probably quite a few people out there, who're in the same boat, and the number will keep growing are more and more people upgrade their iOS.

Unfortunately AppRadio Extensions v2.0.1-450 from your repo isnt compatible.

Now, we're all aware from your website -- that you're working on an update - and its greatly appreciated!

My question to you is - is there an interim beta you can put out, that will just get the App Radio working with jailbroken phones on iOS 7.1.2 (without the added frills of the AppEx features) to begin with, so we can atleast use App Radio with the limited apps that Pioneer has approved currently?

Alternatively, if you could let us know if the full-featured AppEx might take a while to be released - in which case some of us might consider removing our jailbreaks in the interim period.

I'd love to send you some love via PayPal -- as soon as the iOS 7 compatible version is released - much thanks in advance!

How do I get music controls in the apps? Also, whenever I exit iGo, I get black screen. Does not seem to matter to the AppRadio version. I see the AppRadio app and even the connection screen but it's black. Only when exiting iGo. I can manually swap apps to return to normal but swapping out of iGo on head unit causes black. Thoughts?

Mimics never has stock. They have had a lot of shipping/money issues if you read the threads on mp3car forums. I asked the guy over a month ago to notify me when they have some to ship and never heard from him.

Yeah I asked the mp3car guy too. He replied but said that the creator of Mimics (CustomGadz) is having 'supply and design issues' and so they're not stocking it anymore :(

• 2 weeks later...