AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gave it ago the other day

I launched tomtom with it , on mine tomtom had a grey box around it ( which i assume is how its meant to look ) But ! it wasnt center and was shifted to the left , this meant the touchscreen was well out .

Thought id let you know , as could be a bug ?

so I found a "bug" don't know if it has been mentioned yet........Yesterday I was trying to use Navigon via TV Out but it wouldn't work with Pandora......I would start Pandora, go back to the app menu and click Navigon but the Pandora screen always "forced over" the Navigon screen.........*NOTE* I did not have this problem with the iPod function (carmediaplayer, or whatever it's called)

But ! it wasnt center and was shifted to the left , this meant the touchscreen was well out .

Thought id let you know , as could be a bug ?

Definitely a bug. Still working on it.

so I found a "bug" don't know if it has been mentioned yet........Yesterday I was trying to use Navigon via TV Out but it wouldn't work with Pandora......I would start Pandora, go back to the app menu and click Navigon but the Pandora screen always "forced over" the Navigon screen.........*NOTE* I did not have this problem with the iPod function (carmediaplayer, or whatever it's called)

Yea, I noticed that Pandora can be very intrusive when it's playing music. I've had problems with it even before I started this project. The Pandora you see on the screen isn't an iPhone app. It's running on the firmware built into the head unit so it has special privileges over other apps. Not sure how I can fix this yet but I'm looking into it.

Definitely a bug. Still working on it.

Yea, I noticed that Pandora can be very intrusive when it's playing music. I've had problems with it even before I started this project. The Pandora you see on the screen isn't an iPhone app. It's running on the firmware built into the head unit so it has special privileges over other apps. Not sure how I can fix this yet but I'm looking into it.

Thanks again for your dedication to this project.........Hackradio isn't an option for me due to the hardware and no Bluetooth

I absolutely can't wait to try the beta project!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike,

I currently have problems when using an GPS application like TomTom or Navigon, that my iPhone overheats.

The iPhone even shuts down wit a warning for overheating.

I don't know if it is a problem with the Appradio Extensions or with the Pioneer unit itself, but i'd like to mention the issue.

Furthermore the AppEX are fairly useable at this moment already.

An option that might be usefull, is that on a per app basis you could set if it needs to be rotated or not.

But thanks for the effort already

Mike,

I currently have problems when using an GPS application like TomTom or Navigon, that my iPhone overheats.

The iPhone even shuts down wit a warning for overheating.

I don't know if it is a problem with the Appradio Extensions or with the Pioneer unit itself, but i'd like to mention the issue.

Furthermore the AppEX are fairly useable at this moment already.

An option that might be usefull, is that on a per app basis you could set if it needs to be rotated or not.

But thanks for the effort already

I feel like the phone overheating issue is actually a pioneer thing. Also, I've found that with backgrounding enabled, you can actually lock the phone and shut off the display on the iPhone (saving you some heat). Running the display is one thing that makes the phone very hot. I don't know what pioneer was thinking when they made it a requirement to leave the phone's screen on, I don't think any phone's screen was meant to remain active for such long periods of time.