AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Literally I check this thread almost 5 times a day  :-( Any updates?

same here... although have you guys seen the new app that came out.. "AppradioLIVE"  its free and very cool.  Nothing like having your complete phone with all apps on the screen but at least this gives you a nice interface of almost everything you'll need in a car radio and more.  I really like it and am pretty content with it to hold me over until Mike can get appex working.  I'm afraid at that time IOS8 will be out and this will be completely off the table.  

Yea app radio live is nice, I wish there was a way to add unsupported apps though, two of the main apps I use are Spotify and DS Audio(synology), so I'll be sticking on ios6 for a while I reckon

Adding apps via hacking would be difficult, since all apps actually route through Pioneer's cloud service. Hopefully though they will add spotify, since Spotify supports that kind of connection method to their services. 

I wouldn't say its dead but there will likely be no solution before iOS8 comes out and everybody jumps on board with it so its probably as close to dead as can be. Also once Car Play hits App Radio mode will likely go the way of the Doe Doe so I think the this will no longer be practical anyway.

I wouldn't say its dead but there will likely be no solution before iOS8 comes out and everybody jumps on board with it so its probably as close to dead as can be. Also once Car Play hits App Radio mode will likely go the way of the Doe Doe so I think the this will no longer be practical anyway.

I disagree, car play will never allow you to use unsupported apps such as google maps, it will force you to use apple maps. The complete control of your phone that appex gives you will be nowhere near in car play. But I guess pioneer may ditch app radio mode, although I'm not convinced

But I guess pioneer may ditch app radio mode, although I'm not convinced

That is what I am referring to. Most people want simple that works effortlessly without all the nagging that Pioneer requires to use app mode. Car Play is going to do that and there will be no room for App Mode at that point. Once people stop using it Pioneer will move on so it doesn't matter if AppEx gives you full control if Pioneer no longer supports the protocol. It won't happen over night but I wouldn't be surprised if App Mode is killed within a year or so after Car play. We will see though.

That is what I am referring to. Most people want simple that works effortlessly without all the nagging that Pioneer requires to use app mode. Car Play is going to do that and there will be no room for App Mode at that point. Once people stop using it Pioneer will move on so it doesn't matter if AppEx gives you full control if Pioneer no longer supports the protocol. It won't happen over night but I wouldn't be surprised if App Mode is killed within a year or so after Car play. We will see though.

Perhaps, yeah, considering pioneer already offer car play with some of their existing models. What I have found frustrating from pioneer is that they have offered such a limited selection of apps to 'officially' use with app mode, which severely limits the potential of what could be an amazing unit...

Hi all! I have some issues with my ipod youch 4g:

I succesfully installed all stuff from faq. My ipod have ios 6.1.6 and all latest apps required.

1. i use activator to start appradio app at charging and want to kill appradio at discharging. How can i do it with activator? i installed quitall extention from cydia, but it dont kill nothing. How to do it in ios?

2. when appradio app starts, it require user confirmation to stream image to headunit. How to bypass it? Its really annoing to search my ipod in glovebox and touch buttons on it.

3. How to use unapproved apps with headunit? i enabled some apps (yandex navi and cityguide) in extentions, when i start them from appradio app, they freeze. also any system unapproved app freese and crash. When i start them manually from ipod before appradio app, they starts ok.

4. How to use landscape rotation? i installed sbrotator, but it can rotate only system apps. How to rotate any app automatically after appradio starts? When i start any app before appradio app, they rotate ok.

5. gps location is really crappy. Before i used ARU with android tv stick, gps location workd like a charm. In headunit settings i see 6-12 fixed satellites, so with gps antenna all ok. But ipod dont see satellites. At first it give location from cells (i use wifi over my phone). real gps location in idop i catch after 15-20 minutes after hu start, but as i wrote above-real gps fix headunit takes after some seconds. Where i was wrong?

6/ How to dimm ipod screen? when appradio app works my ipod very hot.