AVIC411.com

Updated Z2 DVD setup button grayed out.

New member here and first time posting.

I recently bought a vehicle with a AVIC Z2 installed. This was done professionally in 2007. About a week after owning it I decided to buy and 80Gb Hardrive with the latest maps, CDDB, and Z3 update on eBay. It also included the bypass instructions. After installing the hardrive and doing the bypass everything seemed to be working fine. That was about 2 weeks ago. This past weekend I put in a DVD and got "unreadable disc". This disc played before in this unit. Then I tried several more and the same thing. CD's work fine. I noticed in the AV settings that the DVD-V setup was greyed out. I tried reseting the system using method 1 in the manual and that was no help.

So, I'm looking for any ideas or suggestions.

Thanks

Mike

Well, that might be the problem. It took me 20 minutes to get the radio out and do the bypass and another 3 hours getting the radio back in. It's a 2006 Fold Explorer Eddie Bauer and there is no room for all the cables attached. I finally just jammed it in the best I could. Initially the DVD player worked. I will probably have to remove almost everything on the dash to reroute the wires. It's probably worth living without the DVD.

I'll think about it, but if anyone has any experience with the trucks let me know.

Thanks,

Mike

Well, I pulled it out and checked all the connction and everything looks good. Does anyone know why I wouldn't have access to the DVD setup or what would cause that. I erased all data, restored factory defaults, reset and still the same. I tried my original hard drive and it does that same thing. I also noticed I don;t have access to the DEMO mode.

Thanks

Mike

This is something internal with the cd/dvd drive. I have a unit with the exact same problem. Reads cd's, but not dvd's. Cleaning the lens does not fix the problem. As for the grey menu option, you can only access the dvd menu when a dvd is installed. Since the drive can't read dvd, it won't let you access that menu option. You can send to pioneer for repair, or I have seen an ebay ad for a guy that will fix the dvd issue. I am not endorsing the ebay guy since I have never used him.