AVIC411.com

z130bt Firmware update on a Mac

• 3 weeks later...

LOL!!! Not trying to be difficult, but not everyone that owns a Mac knows that it can also run Windows or any other operating system. I apologize if I made it sound like it was an economical thing to do if you didn't already have all of this stuff though. When I bought my first Intel iMac, I made sure to partition the hard drive into two partitions. One partition for the Mac OS was 700GBs and the Windows partition was 50GBs (give or take a few). I must admit that on average, I find myself only needing to boot into the Windows side maybe once or twice a year. Sometimes not at all. If others also have that set-up and have totally forgotten about it. I was hoping to remind them that there was an option. Roxio does the same thing with Toast updates. They only seem to make them downloadable via a Windows .exe file.

To be clear I am NOT advocating that one erase their hard drive, and reformat it and partition it JUST to be able to do a firmware download and update. However, if you already have it like that and just forgot about it, it was a friendly reminder. :-)

There's also emulators like Crossover, Virtual Box, VMware Fusion and Parallels. If you buy from the right companies, the next time you buy a hard drive, you can get an OEM copy of something like Windows 7 for $9.99.