AVIC411.com

z130bt Firmware update on a Mac

So here's a good one...

I'm trying to download the firmware update on a mac...The download from pioneer gives you a .exe file, which obviously won't run on a mac.

Anywhere to simply just download the zip file, or the files already uncompressed?

I can't believe more people don't complain about this. I called pioneer and ordered the update, but you'd figure they'd have a mac download...

Rick

Assuming you have already partitioned your Mac's hard drive and can find an old copy of Windows laying around, why not just install windows on that machine, reboot into BOOTCAMP and then your Mac is a real Windows computer. Download the .exe file and then burn it to a disc or do whatever you want to do. Then, restart and boot back into Snow Leopard of Lion. With a Mac you can have a Mac OS, Windows OS and Linux OS all running on the same box. For something as non-power intensive like downloading a file and extracting it, it should work fine.

Off topic. But Im sure if he could have done that he would have. All Mac users know they can run Windows in a couple of different ways. But as a Mac user, a lot of us don't have a copy of Windows just lying around.

Agreed. Don't have Windows. Definitely not worth it to partition the drive, install bootcamp and track down a copy of windows just for the update...

Jason's posted the files. Worked perfectly. Just surprised Pioneer doesn't give you any Mac option...

Rick