AVIC411.com

Just figured out a nice trick that makes me happy.

If you open say Livio Radio before you get into your car, then you can use the forward and back buttons on the radio to change between stations straight through bluetooth. This makes me a very happy camper :)

Hi,

The specs don't say it is capacitive touch screen. It is probably resistive touch.

Most resisitive touch screen work well with a stylus.

How well does this unit respond to finger touch?

Do you have to touch with finger nail?

Their appradio2 model is said to have capacitive touch screen.

Thanks.

• 5 weeks later...

After running this for a few days now, I find it to be a bit quirky.

Connecting to the dock every time is a bit cumbersome, especially when you just run to the store. I don't really have long drives, just short 5 min to the store and back. Sure on longer trips this would make more sense.

The interface is nice but ideally we just need everything to be wireless :)

Then load up a $10 16GB SD card with all the music you'll ever want, and just forgo docking your iPhone for short trips.

You can throw your iTunes downloaded .mp4 files right on the SD card and boom. mimic your itunes library.

I'm about to go buy up a bunch of 16GB SD cards to load one with kid tv shows, one with movie, and one with music.

Faster reading then discs, even faster then connecting your ipod, and no sync issues with bluetooth auto-connect.

Same goes for the USB2 conenction, but it's a pain with the extension cables etc. and mounting a huge drive is slow. SD seems to be the fastest from my experience.

No playlists suck, but for short trips, this is what I would recommend, and just spend some organizing into folders to create your own playlists

Anyhow, running to the store shouldn't be an adventure in your car stereo connections.