AVIC411.com

Hi everybody this is my first post. I recently setup my appradio 2 with the android connection kit sold by pioneer but I am having trouble connecting it to my EVO 3D. The radio will not allow me to use the advanced app mode. I am only able to see a mirror of my phone screen on the appradio 2 screen. What am I doing wrong? I have everything hooked up correctly, the bluetooth is setup, and everything is correct but still no control. Has anyone else had this issue? Does anyone know how to resolve it?

Are you getting an error message? If so, what error are you getting? I thought mine wasn't working, but I was confused by the app. Once I had everything connected, and clicked into apps, you have to click in the white bubble that appears and everytime it moves. I was confused on this and just saw a blank background. Everytime I clicked just the blank screen I would get the error message that the connection failed and asked if I wanted to retry. After figuring it out, mines working perfectly.

I didn't do the calibration thing, there was absolutely nothing in the manual about it!!!! I'm gonna try that today, fingers crossed :) As for the parking brake relay thing I was able to bypass that. My friend is a professional installer so he made it so that the radio thinks the parking brake is off when its actually on and vice versa. To make it short he reversed it so I do the steps opposite.

Hello... newbie here on the forum.

I installed my App Radio 2 yesterday and am using it with a Droid Razr. I am having a problem accessing the apps though. When I plug my phone in on the units screen it is a mirror of my phone and goes constantly from landscape to portrait of the installed appradio app on my phone. Can someone please assist?

I have the bypass installed and I dont think that is the issue.

What are people selecting as the view mode when your android device asks you once the HDMI is plugged in?

Thank you for any help!!!

If you run the AppRadio app on your phone, connect the HDMI cable and connect via bluetooth, you should see "the bubble" screen - black background with a while bubble. Touch the bubble on the radio, and it'll move around - 5 times for me IIRC - and then the radio should be paired with the phone and the radio screen should start working properly.

If you run the AppRadio app on your phone, connect the HDMI cable and connect via bluetooth, you should see "the bubble" screen - black background with a while bubble. Touch the bubble on the radio, and it'll move around - 5 times for me IIRC - and then the radio should be paired with the phone and the radio screen should start working properly.

I reset the device and after it played around for a few seconds of switching between landscape and portrait what your talking about happened. I got it all set up. Thanks for your helP!

Is there anyway to listen to local radio and use Waze or Maps at the same time? If not I sure hope that Tunein becomes app compatible fast! ;o)

You can listen to local radio while in "apps" mode by double clicking the "home" button (quickly) and a small menu appears across bottom of the screen, on the far right side it says "mix" if you press it you can mix app audio with either the tuner (radio) or the ipod app if you have one plugged in.

OK. Im back again. I think i may have gotten a bad unit. I have not been able to connect since the first time. Now, my phone wont connect to Bluetooth. It connects then disconnects repeatedly. Sometimes it will stay connected but it is not being identified as an android phone. I have a droid razr. Thoughts?

Make sure the radio tuner is off, it seems to mess with the bluetooth connection for some reason, once connected it's fine to turn the tuner on.

Can you explain a bit more? Thanks

I think i have figured it out. It seems to be a touchy sequence. What i don't understand though is why does it ask me to pair on my phone every time? Its thi normal? All of my past Bluetooth units asked me in the initial set up and the was it.

Are you getting an error message? If so, what error are you getting? I thought mine wasn't working, but I was confused by the app. Once I had everything connected, and clicked into apps, you have to click in the white bubble that appears and everytime it moves. I was confused on this and just saw a blank background. Everytime I clicked just the blank screen I would get the error message that the connection failed and asked if I wanted to retry. After figuring it out, mines working perfectly.

Thank You, after this (which I should have figured out on my own) everything works great! I'm running a custom Ice Cream Sandwich rom to boot.

For some reason now for me to configure and do the white dots on the screen it is showing the dots on my phone and not on the AR. In order to see them there I have to enter "mirror" mode on my phone. The more and more things start happening make me think that I got a bad unit.