AVIC411.com

Having trouble with this. I have both a mic from my Onkyo home theatre and I just got the pioneer one off amazon for $15. When i try to use them, i get the same error message from an earlier poster "Error, Please check MIC". Tried adjusting them in the socket but no dice. I plugged an audio cable in to see if the cable was connected, music came through just fine. My deck was professionally installed and i have the brake sensor modded by them and the PAC infrared remote add-on. I just swapped my amp and put in a sub and want to get this thing tweaked a bit.

Having trouble with this. I have both a mic from my Onkyo home theatre and I just got the pioneer one off amazon for $15. When i try to use them, i get the same error message from an earlier poster "Error, Please check MIC". Tried adjusting them in the socket but no dice. I plugged an audio cable in to see if the cable was connected, music came through just fine. My deck was professionally installed and i have the brake sensor modded by them and the PAC infrared remote add-on. I just swapped my amp and put in a sub and want to get this thing tweaked a bit.

Where did you plug it into. I accidentally plugged it into the W/R slot on the back of the unit. Brought it back to installer and realized it had to be hooked up to auxiliary input wire.

I had the same problem on the 940BT using the mic from my Onkyo receiver. I discovered that the noise I made closing the door before the test began would give me the error. When I quietly closed the door it worked without a hitch. Don't know if this will help, but it seemed to work for me.

Where did you plug it into. I accidentally plugged it into the W/R slot on the back of the unit. Brought it back to installer and realized it had to be hooked up to auxiliary input wire.

I'm not sure, i had it installed by an authorized reseller shop. I pulled off some of the dash to try to get a look at it, but didnt want to completly disassemble it. Laziness and it was 112 out. I think it is the aux wiring though since i can play audio through the same wire just fine. I put in a support request to pioneer and they just gave me the support line number and said best to call it in. So i will give that a shot.

With both my onkyo and the pioneer model, i cant get it to start the test. It immediately throws that error when you hit Start.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll update if i can get a resolution... or not i suppose.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you make sure that you press the audio off option to turn all audio off. It doesn't work for me unless I do that. Also, I got better quality by putting the mic in between the 2 driver seats, than I did putting it in the driver's side headrest. Then again, I was using the pioneer mic that I got off amazon.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...