AVIC411.com

movies off sd card? x940bt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

There are a couple of posts on here I made and one that is a "sticky" that all show screen snapshots of the Handbrake settings to use. The ones I found for X940 are slightly different than for a X950 model. I made note of the settings and saved a profile with the name of the unit as the profile name. I found the X940 was not as critical to screen size as my newer X950 model.

Try one movie at a time to see what works and then do others if it plays. Saves a lot of time so you do not have to do a lot of reprocessing.

There are a couple of posts on here I made and one that is a "sticky" that all show screen snapshots of the Handbrake settings to use. The ones I found for X940 are slightly different than for a X950 model. I made note of the settings and saved a profile with the name of the unit as the profile name. I found the X940 was not as critical to screen size as my newer X950 model.

Try one movie at a time to see what works and then do others if it plays. Saves a lot of time so you do not have to do a lot of reprocessing.

I keep trying to save the width/height settings in a Handbrake profile, but the resolution won't save (everything else does...audio rate, codec, etc.)

I see that other profiles have resolutions that are set to begin...what's the secret, any idea?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Please don't shoot the Nube!.......I have an X940BT and have followed all instructions I can find to get video to play from an SD card. I finally found a setting that appeared to work, using handbrake, and converted a few files. Today I have gone to convert some more and none of them now work. I used the same settings as "oldracer" provided in the pics above. Can anyone shed any light on this please.....

Don't feel too bad! I have about 200 videos on a USB solid state drive and some times certain ones will play and a week later, the same one will not. I think it has to do with the memory in the head unit and I did call their tech support and the gut was not real sure what memory was! I would suggest opening the files in Handbrake again and see if anything is different? I always save time to a local disk drive, delete the ones on the solid state drive and then do a copy.