AVIC411.com

iPod/iPhone/android Authorization failure fixed

I fixed the "authorization failure" on my iPhone. It had been happening more and more frequently so I got to thinking what if it was because my VR dictionary was out of sync. I turned on update VR and haven't had the problem since. No new cable needed. It was tripped up because of the new songs on my device.

• 4 weeks later...

After trying my wife's phone, I found out that this was not a fix but merely a band-aid on the real problem. After closely looking at the plug on my unit's dongle, I realized it had a slight curvature when viewed from the side. That was what was causing my failed connections. Apparently, since the pin outs are so small and there is little room for error, the problem was actually that my plug was damaged. The good news is I was able to fix it myself with a needle and a couple of other tools which I used to lift the copper pins inside and straighten the plug.

Bottom line, I could have done the same by buying a new cable. Now. Does anyone have a fix for my x920bt rebooting from the heat produced by the black dash in my Ridgeline? I am thinking about getting a light gray Dashmat to match my seats.

• 2 months later...

As an update to this problem... It has become so pervasive that I cannot use my iPhone in the summer until the truck has been running for over 30 minutes. I added an extra ground and it stopped the head unit from rebooting when plugging in the phone. I actually found a setting in the phone regarding the phone and connecting it to the head unit. IT MUST BE PLUGGED INTO THE PIONEER TO SEE THIS ITEM!

Perform a restore factory settings in the head unit which deleted all iPhones and iPod's I had connected by Bluetooth. Then...

After plugging it into the Pioneer, go to settings- general-about-(scroll down) choose "car navigation". I also clicked on "find app for this Accessory" which took me to iTunes and the app radio app. Since then, I have not had a single problem connecting to my iPhone in my Ridgeline for two weeks.

I suspect, it may have been a combo of bad ground, duplicate iPhone entries, and letting the iPhone pick up the Pioneer's info. Some have speculated that it relates to DRM and content, but I have not performed a sync or changed any music or videos. Good luck

I also clicked on "find app for this Accessory" which took me to iTunes and the app radio app. Since then, I have not had a single problem connecting to my iPhone in my Ridgeline for two weeks.

If you have a 920 this had no affect on the issue what so ever.

• 2 years later...