AVIC411.com

[GUIDE] [X930BT/X940BT] - Remove 'CAUTION - SCREEN IMAGE MAY BE REVERSED' text overlay on backup camera

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I am a software engineer and have (nearly) figured out all of the file format for the Avic devices.I made a utility to edit the language files. I have totally customized my stereo including the Caution reverse message. Would anybody else be interested in this utility? It is written as a Windows Utility..

I am a software engineer and have (nearly) figured out all of the file format for the Avic devices.I made a utility to edit the language files. I have totally customized my stereo including the Caution reverse message. Would anybody else be interested in this utility? It is written as a Windows Utility..

There are 2 bytes at the end of the file and I thought they might be a checksum, but apparently they are not. Everything else I have figured out.

hi edog, i wrote a simple perl script for dumping the strings and indexes.. came in handy for trying to figure out which parts of code.

I have figure out several things about these units. Figured out today how to bypass nag screen, and also how to get into mainteannce menu. Interesting for logging and other fun.

The next big challenge i think is to work on skinning. You might be able to help us there.

The big issue was extracting the Image.img (i think somebody already did this) but biggest challenge is to be able to repack after doing custom mod to icons/etc

I would like to try this.

Jimbo

Have you all noticed that when you just start your car and HU is still boots- reverse picture is much higher quality and refresh rate is higher (direct commutation?), but after a few seconds it flickers and now on it is low quality and luggy- looks like it was heavily processed and we have this text above?... so it would be great if someone can figure it out how to prevent it to switch to this mode completely.

That's great! Have you found a way to get rid of the "Caution Agreement Screen" when the NAV is accessed? I would be interested is your utility; can you send a link/file?

x940bt here...

Thanks Glenn

Thanks I've been reading but worried about making a mistake I can't afford. Had to save quite a while for this X940bt. So I have to start-up the unit with the proper file, testmode.key, that will allow copy / paste function. Then backup the user folder (at a minuium) or more. Then edit menu items and/or upload a new file.

Basicily I think that is approx. right but, and I'm not doing this right now, I'll study before the attempt. I have a few issues with this system but mainly I want to get rid of this screen aggrement; clickable image below.

Capture.jpg

I guess I also need to find some hex editting software.

Thanks for the help!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

dammit, now I don't know if I want to just remove the message completely, or put something like that, lmao

I wouldn't even show it to anyone that was riding with me, I'd just wait until they seen it and were like "wtf?"

I want to get rid of the nag screen too. how to I remove the black caution screen. can you please explain in detail.

Thanks.