AVIC411.com

Problem playing DVDs and pictues on PIONEER headunit

Hello

Im having a weird problem, yesterday i took my passat b6 to a dealer that supposed to install this unit without any problem, but since dealers here are inexperienced i've got a WEIRD problem.

first of all, the green wire of parking brake when i ground it the dvd is working, if i put the key on and put the ignition on for 3 seconds or 2 seconds and then turn the engine ON the dvd will go off and start playing the dvd again but this time with the message of : "ATTENTION : viewing of front seat video source while driving is strictly prohibited." but the parking brake green wire is still grounded ! if i remove the green wire annd ground it again the dvd will work properly, but if i turn off the car and turn the engine on again it will stop showing the video and change to the annoying message, until i replace the green wire one more time.

i can upload a video showing the problem of the green wire if needed.

the second problem, the camera is working when the car is in reverse mode, but while the engine is off, when i turn the engine on, the camera will not work but im getting the "things on camera might be reversed" message ?

my HU is AVH-1400DVD

thank you in advance.

What camera did you buy? I just installed my camera the other day and it works fine when my car is in reverse.

I just reread your original post. It seems we have similiar issues. Mine works in reverse but if I manual turn the camera on I get a black screen and the caution screen is reversed disclaimer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not an expert but I did just install the 8400 with a Koolertron backup camera in a Miata so I'll explain how I did it which worked for me ;).

The instructions for the camera were a little hard to understand, initially it didn't work. What wound up working is this - my video cable had an RCA plug on each end and a red wire. On the camera end I hooked the red wire on the video cable to red and the black wire from the camera was grounded. On the radio end I hooked the red wire to a switched accessory +12 source and plugged in the RCA off course. Then on the radio there is a wire for "reverse sense" which needs to be wired to something that gets +12 when the car is put in reverse, I got that by running a separate lead from the radio to the back of the car and tapping in to the lead for the backup light. Theoretically you should be able to pick this up back in the headunit area from the cars harness but it didn't work on my particular car so I ran the lead.

Your green wire problem is doing what it is supposed to do, it needs a double pulse to close the screen interlock. In other words if you wire it to the parking brake the procedure is to apply / release and apply again to get the picture to show. Micro-bypass sells a $20 bypass that works well, it is the one described as "for AVH-8400", the cheaper $10 one does not work for this unit.