AVIC411.com

AVH-P8400BH or 4400 or Custron?

Hi folks,

Please help me decide.

8400 has 800x480 resolution vs 480x240 of 4400.

Will that make a lot of difference in screen display quality and DVD playback clarity?

Additionally, 8400 has SD card slot, Mixtrax, advance app mode, dual zone audio/video, detachable face. 4400 does not.

Mostly, I am tempted by the higher screen resolution.

I will need to buy a kit to install it in my 2007 Honda CRV.

On the other hand, this Custron unit has everying plus the necessary frame for CRV, and cheaper:

http://www.autodvdgps.com/custron-t1070crv-aftermarket-dvd-gps-navi-headunit-update-bluetooth-phonebook-for-honda-crv-p-1410.html

Your advice please.

Thanks in advance.

• 5 weeks later...

I would say its toss up between the 8400 and the custron. The custron will not require a mounting kit, and will have OEM looking buttons, which is huge in my opinion. Schoche/Metra mounting kits, needed for the pioneers, suck, but they are the best we have.

Personally, I got a 3400, and quickly upgraded to an 8400. I never touched the 4400, but I REALLY like the 8400. It really looks nice. If you go to amazon, the price diff is a bit over $100, which is significant, but totally worth it IMO over the 4400. The screen looks nice. It was easy to wire up, and I am happy with it, despite its aftermarket looks.

If you REALLY value stock looks, I woudl go with the custron.