AVIC411.com

X940BT selecting AUX IN input?

There is no AUX input but there is an AV input. Search that in the manual and you should be good.

OK, yes, "AV" not "AUX"... on my AV System Settings screen (manual page 177), AV1 input is set to iPod, and AV2 input is set to EXT1. Is "EXT1" the pair of RCA inputs on the rear of the unit?

No matter what selection I make, I can't get EXT1, EXT2, AV1, or AV2 to appear in the left-hand side of the source selection (main audio) screen. The iPod works fine.

Can you set AV2 to VIDEO?

+1 as mentioned, it is not an aux input but it is an Audio & Video input. he didn't tell you this to be a dick just to correct you, he told you this because since it is a AV input, the setting needs to be set to "VIDEO" for it to work.

ext1 is a setting for future expansion of devices that pioneer may (or more likely, will never) come out with that will plug into the IP-Bus.

just tested on our 940 display, setting AV2 to video will make it show up as a selectable source.

also your on the wrong page of the manual, try reading page 179, left side about halfway down

(copy and paste)

Setting video input 2 (av2)

you can switch this setting according to the

connected component.

. This setting applies to RCA inputs

(AUDIO INPUT and VIDEO INPUT)on the

back of the system.

1 Display the "AV System Setting"

screen.

. For details, refer to Displaying thge screen for

AV systems on the previous page.

2 Touch [AV2 Input]

Each touch of [AV2 Input] changes the set-

ting as follows:

. OFF: No video component is connected.

. EXT: Pioneer external unit connected with

the RCA video cable

. Video: External video component

Can you set AV2 to VIDEO?

+1 as mentioned, it is not an aux input but it is an Audio & Video input. he didn't tell you this to be a dick just to correct you, he told you this because since it is a AV input, the setting needs to be set to "VIDEO" for it to work.

ext1 is a setting for future expansion of devices that pioneer may (or more likely, will never) come out with that will plug into the IP-Bus.

also just tested on our 940 display, setting AV2 to video will make it show up as a selectable source.

I was hoping to come back to this thread & correct it before I received any responses... the two available selections are EXT and VIDEO. Setting to EXT clearly does nothing. I'll set to VIDEO & see if "AV2" pops up on the source selection bar on the left. Thanks, guys.

It's a little counter-intuitive, though, seeing as I have no video going in.

but when using this source, the screen is black because it is a video source, your just not using it as such.

what i would love to see, is an option for audio only so when i have my phone plugged in to the front input, it could at least show the normal GUI screen with at least the clock showing!

but when using this source, the screen is black because it is a video source, your just not using it as such.

what i would love to see, is an option for audio only so when i have my phone plugged in to the front input, it could at least show the normal GUI screen with at least the clock showing!

Agreed... or maybe a slide show from the SD card. PIONEER?!? YOU GUYS LISTENING UP THERE?!?

8)