AVIC411.com

Hello there,

just got the 8400 in and it is a beast. I love everything about it and I am really glad I got it. Way better than the stock Subaru. As previously mentioned in another post, it brings the stock speakers to life! I love the thing.

However.

Sometimes the touch screen freezes up on it, however the axxess works still on it. Anyone got any suggestions for me?

• 3 weeks later...

Well I have performed both resets, the initial as stated in the manual, plus the soft reset. It worked well for over a week, and twice crapped out since. There are a few people on NASIOC who have had a similar issue. Anyone feel it is a software problem? The screen will not function, however resetting or killing the ignition fixes it for a bit. The problem is losing all of the radio presets, clock and backgrounds.

Very annoying on an otherwise perfect head unit.

Likewise here. I will get in my car choose a playlist and be on my way to the mall and such and then when I feel like changing to another playlist, all of a sudden my screen becomes unresponsive. It is really frustrating to be experiencing this. If it is software related, I hope Pioneer is working on firmware fix of some type. I can go a couple of days trouble free, but then all of a sudden the next day I will have constant freezes to the point I want to punch the damn thing... -__-

Some of the fellas have had the same issues on NASIOC, and one of them has been in contact with a decent fella at Pioneer. Apparently they have admitted to some issues, so that is a big step forward in my eyes.

I've emailed the Pioneer guy and hope to hear back soon. I will keep everyone informed on it.

Please don't punch the unit, it is too nice to do that to!

One of the fellas on NASIOC disconnected his SWC and it made ZERO difference, still froze up. We have people with apple and droid phones, it freezes. People using SWC and not, still freezes up. It has got to be software/firmware at fault here.

There are a few people over on NASIOC with this problem, maybe a bad batch, i hope that is all it is. Mine is on it's way back to California, now I am stuck with the POS stock unit! lol. I hope to have the prodigal radio back next week....

• 3 weeks later...