AVIC411.com

Pair Bluetooth device every time?

In no way would that ever be normal on any device, something is wrong with either your appradio or your phone. I would take my phone into a store that has one in the demo board and ask to pair it up and see if it sticks, that will tell you if it your phone or or appradio.

Ok, I figured it out and realized that there was a problem with my phone. Got that fixed and it now pairs, BUT now when I connect the HDMI cable it doesnt enter app mode. I get the "no video" warning/alert and then it just stays on that screen. Never switches into app mode although it does show in the radioapp that I am connected. This is getting frustrating. Just when I think I'm there! HA.

How did you fix the issue with your phone. Mine is doing the same thing.

If you are receiving the message I think you are I get that until I apply the parking break bypass. then a box appears to hit ok.

Yeah, same thing here. Only way I can get anything on my AR screen is by checking the Mirror option when the HDMI is hooked up and that is after I do the parking break bypass. Nothing happens auto like it should when the app is running, showing as connected and the HDMI is connected. I'm about to take this thing back and either try another one or just move on.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you tell me how you fixed this?

Ok, so my phone stopped asking to pair every time. I am not sure I did anything special. As far as getting past the part your describing with the parking break. What I have been doing and it's working great is set the phone to mirror when the hdmi is detected. Go through the bypass steps so that your phone is mirrored on the display. Then go into your apps and launch the car media app. When I do this it launches me into the AppRadio App and everything is perfect. For some reason I have to trick it but it works. Usually have to do the touch screen set up every time but that's no biggie.

Hope this helps!

Mine just keeps wanting to pair every time. I have everything else working great but each time I have to wait for it to ask to pair and then hit ok and if your not fast enough you have to wait again. Does anyone know how to fix this? I have a bluetooth headset that connects just fine every time.

You mean it's asking you to verify the connection every time? Mine prompts me with a unique pin code every time and asks me if it's correct. If that's not supposed to happen I'd love to find out how to stop it. That's the only thing making me dislike this deck at this point. I can deal with the lack of apps for now.

I have a Samsung Skyrocket and have this issue with the new custom rom I installed. The first custom rom was fine. On the new one, I have the latest and greatest Embryo 3.2 rom with the latest radio flashed. It would never connect to the phone. I went back a radio version and now it asks me each time I hop in the car which I can live with but it is annoying. I havent driven my oprius yet and paired it with the bluetooth in there. I'm guessing that will work just fine.

I think it's something in the pioneer radio software and the phone radio software that just don't like each other. The Appradio only shows up once in the bluetooth list on my phone. The other option would be to delete the pairing but stay in the bluetooth area and pair it from there to see if it makes a difference. I can play around with it more this weekend.

I'm running the latest SkyICS on mine.

Is the radio file that you're running based on UCLE2? I'm thinking of dropping back to stock to see if it addresses this issue, but I really don't want to go back to gingerbread if I can avoid it.

I had problems with the UCLE2 radio and switched to the UCLD2 radio and now it only asks each time I start the car. I have not had a chance to try a different radio yet.