AVIC411.com

I was just wondering if the AVIC F900BT is totally compatable with using a iPhone 4S. The issue that I am having is that when I plug in my iphone all the music functions work flawlessly. But if I press the video button my F900BT goes to the slashsceern then I get the message that the "System Startup is in Progress" and never plays the video. I have downloaded the video from Itunes to my iPhone, and I also went a purchased a new set of AV cables from Apple. Still no luck. Is it a compatability issue, or is there possibility that there is a software update that I need to do.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

I have read several issues with people and their iPhones lately with ios5. It is not specific to 4s fr what I understand. I don't play video of iPhone just my old iPod. Try putting those cables in the AV2 and manually playing it after putting avics av2 on video

Also do you have it hard or soft modded to play with out Ebrake?

My F700BT works fine with my iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.1.1, OEM Apple composite cables, as long as I play music, podcasts, and even Pandora (shows song info and clipart too). However, press the video button on the F700 and it reboots and never plays the video, just like you. I have found that you can watch videos if you set AV1 to video. That seems to be the only workaround for this issue. BTW, I'm using ver 3.x software on the AVIC.

• 1 month later...

I was just wondering if the AVIC F900BT is totally compatable with using a iPhone 4S. The issue that I am having is that when I plug in my iphone all the music functions work flawlessly. But if I press the video button my F900BT goes to the slashsceern then I get the message that the "System Startup is in Progress" and never plays the video. I have downloaded the video from Itunes to my iPhone, and I also went a purchased a new set of AV cables from Apple. Still no luck. Is it a compatability issue, or is there possibility that there is a software update that I need to do.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

The iPhone 4S will not play videos on the F series. I've contacted both Pioneer and Apple on this issue and they blame the issue on each other. Pioneer is no longer supporting these units with up-dates etc. so I'm afraid this issue won't get fixed unless we collectively raise a big stink with Pioneer about it, but even then they still probably won't do anything about it. I've been a dedicated Pioneer customer for many years but because of this I'm very disappointed with Pioneer and lately have been considering buying from a different manufacturer next time, one that supports their products.

The iPhone 4S will not play videos on the F series. I've contacted both Pioneer and Apple on this issue and they blame the issue on each other. Pioneer is no longer supporting these units with up-dates etc. so I'm afraid this issue won't get fixed unless we collectively raise a big stink with Pioneer about it, but even then they still probably won't do anything about it. I've been a dedicated Pioneer customer for many years but because of this I'm very disappointed with Pioneer and lately have been considering buying from a different manufacturer next time, one that supports their products.

The problem is not with the 4S, it is with iOS 5.x. To play videos on an F series unit, change your AV1 input on the F unit to video instead of ipod. You then control your video from your phone instead of the F unit.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been a dedicated Pioneer customer for many years but because of this I'm very disappointed with Pioneer and lately have been considering buying from a different manufacturer next time, one that supports their products.

You will have the same issue with any other manufacture three plus years from now. None of them offer updates after they have discontinued the last years unit. Just something you must accept if you purchase from these Japanese companies.