AVIC411.com

AppRadio 2 with Motorola Android Phone...

This may seem like a silly and simple question, because I think it is, but when you connect your Moto Android phone do I need to set the HDMI to Mirror for everything to work? I was thinking that once connected the AppRadio app would launch and I'd have function to those apps without selecting anything on the HDMI connection options in the drop down box.

Scenario 1: I didnt select anything and when I dont do that I get the "Warning watching video in a moving car is strictly prohibited" prompt and when I click my bypass I get the Motorola logo screen saver.

Scenario 2: BUT when I select Mirror mode I get the AppRadio App launch and then when I click the bypass I get full access to my phone.

I am thinking that I do have to select an HDMI option, but was expecting that the app would recognize the HDMI and then launch itself. I dont think that's the case now though.

Can someone clarify for me? Thank you VERY much!!! This is a great site and community just like most forums out there.

Have a great day.

UPDATE: Ok so now nothing gets me into the appradio app mode. This is getting VERY frustrating. When I plug in the phone and everything is connected, appradio app says to connect to the phone but it doesnt just shows to plug in the hdmi cable, I get NOTHING at all no matter what I chose. It is like the app is not recognizing that the cable is there.

I'm about to take this thing back and find something more reliable. I can't troubleshoot every time I hook it up.

I'm sorry I have a HTC phone and it uses the MHL adapter and once I connect the bluetooth and the USB it connects to the appradio. I don't believe you need to change anything on the phone aside from launch the appradio app. You should call customer service if you keep having problems before taking it back.