AVIC411.com

[BOUNTY] Full Android Control with the Appradio 2 $600 so far!!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So for those who have their phones get hot, do you worry about damage? How long do you leave it plugged in? It would defeat the purpose if you could only leave the phone in for an hour or so.

I also just noticed a potential issue...the Galaxy Nexus has the soft keys drawn on the screen, whereas most phones do not. How is that managed by the program?

So for those who have their phones get hot, do you worry about damage? How long do you leave it plugged in? It would defeat the purpose if you could only leave the phone in for an hour or so.

I also just noticed a potential issue...the Galaxy Nexus has the soft keys drawn on the screen, whereas most phones do not. How is that managed by the program?

When my phone starts to run really hot I usually try to take the case and back cover off, to at least ventilate the battery. Its a pain in the neck, but the biggest problem with all the extra heat is how inefficient the battery use/charging gets.

Ugh. That makes me want to look at Alpine's new head unit instead.

In regards to the soft keys, I was asking what is used to navigate on the head unit when a phone has physical soft keys only?

Oh you're asking about other phones that aren't the Galaxy Nexus and don't have soft keys on their screen, but actual soft buttons in their bezel...good question

The buttons on the deck do the same thing. Home is home, back is back, menu is menu. No trouble getting around without touching or looking at the phone. Right now the hard buttons make the phone think its been pressed multiple times but that's just the beta being ironed out.

I didn't include deck button presses in the video as that wasn't what I was working on when we were testing the app last night. That video is just the last of many attempts to get the app ironed out.

Go into settings and check the reverse x and y setting. Close the app and make sure its not running in the background. Restart the app and then re-calibrate. Most phones need to have x and Y reversed.

Hope that gets you up and running. If your already checked then try unchecking it. Right now no one knows which phones need it and which don't.