AVIC411.com

[BOUNTY] Full Android Control with the Appradio 2 $600 so far!!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you guys really managed to get full Phone Control through the AppRadio i will probably change from Apple to Android. iPhone 5 doesnt really kick it for me and gives all of us Appradio/Apple Users a big "What if" especially regarding the new Connector not supporting Analog Audio/Video Output any more.

Keep up the great work guys.

Cheers Groovy Goofy

So will it transfer voice commands through Bluetooth in software so we don't have to use Pioneers atrocious setup? If that and Google Navigation work, I'm sold!

That's the question though... Why don't these things work normally? Is Pioneer purposely nerfing things?

Thats what I thought too. (I'm the one that cracked it). It turns out its next to impossible to inject touch events on Android. The ability clearly exists in the API for Inject events. They just make it so no one can use it. There are two system level permissions. One is "system" which can be obtained by mounting /system as read/write. The other is "signed" which means that your app needs to be signed by the same key as the ROM. Which means you can't write an app with inject events unless its built into the ROM.

The way I got around it was injecting at the Linux device layer. Google needs to open up InjectEvents to be a regular grantable permission. Anyways, I just sent out the first beta tonight. I made a site for it. If anyones interested its http://appradioforums.com I'm posting updates there almost daily.

I intend to donate anyway to keep it updated. Didn't realize it was pay to use. Which phones has he made it compatible with? I see others have posted theirs but couldn't see his.

If it is phone-side only, does it matter which firmware is on the head unit? Do you have to have your phone rooted? My installer has an AppRadio 2 I can test on so I want to make sure I have everything I need on my end.

I'm still waiting for Samsung to fix the cut off pixels issue via MHL on the Galaxy S3. Perhaps if others complained... On the note of MHL, how hot does the phone get after hours of use in the car? I will need to root my phone to adjust the USB charging voltage so it doesn't drain the battery for sure, but I intend to store the phone in a cubby hole while it is connected and don't want it to overheat.

It's phone-side only. Check out the forum at http://www.appradioforums.com for detailed info. I'm not sure how much I should discuss here.

I've never noticed pixels getting cut off of my S3's MHL output. How much of the screen gets cut off for you? My phone gets REALLY hot with MHL on. I think the best way available to deal with that is to turn the brightness of the screen all the way down. It still gets hot though.

I am already registered there and have been lurking as I indicated, which lead to the questions. I can ask them there instead, though.

Like twenty pixels per side are cut off. Have you tried it on a TV? That's where mine does it. In regards to temperature, it sounds like there needs to be something programmed to allow screen time out.