AVIC411.com

WooHoo! Just got XM Radio at 1/2 off for the next 12 mos.!

I have been an XM subscriber since July 2005 and tonight I called XM to cancel my subscription and told them I was going with Sirius.

Here are the details of our conversation:

"Hello, I would like to cancel my XM Satellite Radio subscription please."

"I am sorry to hear that you are cancelling with us Mr. Moloney. How would you like to have the best of both worlds?" the woman asked.

"Go on" I said.

"To keep your business with us, we will give you XM service for the next 12 mos. at half off. And we'll conveniently bill your credit card for a one time fee of $77 to cover your next 12 mos. subscription" the woman said.

I replied, "But I just bought a Pioneer AVIC-Z1 and only have the Sirius radio module. It does have an optional XM module available but I do not yet have that module."

"No problem", she replied. "Since you are paid up until February 21, 2007, we will just extend your current subscription for the next 2 mos. free of charge to give you enough time to purchase your XM module. So enjoy your next 2 mos. for free and when you get your new XM module installed, give us a call and we will transfer your subscription to your new XM module."

"So I get to keep my existing XM subscription on my existing XM mobile radio until April 21, 2007 at no charge", I asked.

"That's right", the woman replied.

"That sounds good, I said. "Lets do that. I'll call as soon as my new module comes in."

"Very good", she replied. Have a nice evening." "You too, goodbye".

So I guess I am going to get the best of both worlds! What a deal!

"Beyond AM, Beyond FM, XM AND SIRIUS Satellite Radio. Who says you can't have it all!

That's my new slogan :D

Cheers All,

Kevin

I understand.

It's a fair price for someone. You know, it's very rare that I buy something from BestBuy because they usually sell everything at retail. Once in awhile, I see a good deal in the sales flyer.

But I do like going to BB to demo the stuff, and they I wind up buying it on eBay for 30-50% less. I know that's terrible, but I like to keep as much money in my pocket as possible.

Are you allowed to sell it to a customer who is having an install done or is that against store policy? I figured that you could sell it to one of your customers who are having a Z1 installed, or is that a rare purchase for a BestBuy customer?

Anyway, thanks again for making the offer.

Cheers,

Kevin

For $499 you can have Sirius radio for life. And if I'm not mistaken, you can switch radios up to 3 times on that plan. I like Sirius better so I think I'm going to go with that lifetime plan. But I need to hurry because I think that offer is about to end at the end of February 2007.

Cheers,

Kevin

For $499 you can have Sirius radio for life. And if I'm not mistaken, you can switch radios up to 3 times on that plan. I like Sirius better so I think I'm going to go with that lifetime plan. But I need to hurry because I think that offer is about to end at the end of February 2007.

Cheers,

Kevin

:D WOW thats some deal . $499.00 pays for 38 mo. at $12.95 then its free for life and I think it said the offer ends June 30th. Thanks for the info , I guess I'll be off to pick up a Sirius tuner soon. :lol: