AVIC411.com

CD-AH200C Android connectivity kit - do not buy it...

... if you think it will power your phone.

So I bought this little adapter so I could connect my EVO 3D to my AppRadio2 and have a nice, clean install. Turns out that my phone battery is pretty much dead after an hour or two of having it connected to the car. None of the information from Pioneer mentions the power stats, so I pulled apart the kit and took a multimeter to it. Turns out that it's only putting out 10.5 milliamps! My phone came with a charger that puts out 1 amp, so this thing is woefully underpowered. Is there ANY phone that only needs 10.5 milliamps?! Since you have to leave the phone screen on when connected to the AppRadio, it'll suck all the juice out of the phone battery before you know it.

I am very disappointed with this accessory, which is only exacerbates my frustration with the AppRadio itself - more on that later.

Just a quick follow-up; I tried connecting my phone to the kit without the power supply and it wouldn't work, so this tells me that the power supply is only to provide enough juice for the MHL adapter box. Even though the phone shows it's getting power, it must only be such a trivial amount that it does nothing for the phone.

So since my phone only has one port, I've got no way to give it power when I'm driving and have it connected to the AppRadio at the same time - which sucks.

I have an EVO 3D and it powers my phone, it does not charge it but it also doesn't drain it.

Mine shows it is charging, but the amount of power is so little that it must only supply enough power for the red LED showing it's getting juice!