AVIC411.com

X940BT - Bypass done, but when moving over 15KPH cuts off DVD playback.

So I installed my AVIC X940BT last night. Did the bypass (moved the mute pin up one and then connectoed the hand brake and the ground together) I left the VSS not connected to anything. I can do NAV with the handbrake off and watch movies with the handbrake off, up to about 15KPH I can watch a movie, but after that I assume the GPS from the NAV is telling it I am movig at speed and shuts down the playback. I have audio in the background, but no video.

Ideas on what to do?

I don't plan on watching movies while driving, I just want the option to use my unit to the fullest extent if possible.

a good rule to follow if your bypass doesn't work,

if you dont get video while stopped and parked, then you have a problem with the brake wire

if you get video while stopped but then it goes away after moving a certain speed, then you have a problem with the mute wire.

• 9 months later...

Im having the same problem but my mute wire is connected properly. Should I be grounding the mute and the parking break to the chase or conecting it to the ground provided in the car? I have from the deck ground,mute and brake wire connected then grounded to the ground provided in the car. Im wondering if it is overloading the ground. I moved the yellow and black wire up one pin. I keep getting a warning on start up brake lead connection problem.

well you did something wrong.

first, you dont have to worry about "overloading" the ground, as neither the mute wire nor the P brake wires require any real amount of current.

second, if you are having a problem exactly as the OP (video shows but stops at a certian speed) then you have a problem with the mute wire, you either dont have it pushed in all the way, its not grounded, or you moved it to the wrong spot.

some models require the mute wire to be moved over one spot, some require it to me moved across to the same spot in the other row, make sure you have the right spot for your model...

• 2 weeks later...