AVIC411.com

Hey Everyone,

I have been reading around the forum and I am yet to find what I am looking for. My issue is this I just finished installing a z140bh in my 04 g35 and I am having a lot of issues with radio signal strength. I do get radio and HD radio as well but the signal is horrible. As I am driving the signal goes from HD to analog every few seconds. Also I show no traffic data ever. The odd thing is the other day I was driving on the highway and my GPS told me there was traffic ahead. To my shock I decided to check the Traffic on the rout and once more it showed nothing.

I am wondering if anyone can confirm this for me.

Car ANT --to--> ATT in on traffic tuner

ANT out from traffic tuner --to--> Z140bh ANT In

Black pin connector from traffic tuner --to--> Black pin connector on Z140bh

Is there anything I am missing. My car does not have a power antenna to my knowledge as a matter of fact I have no idea where the ANT even is on my car : ) I am guessing the roof is acting as the antenna or something.

If you can't locate your antenna, usually the back window has a metal stripline built into the glass, just above the defroster section, that acts as an antenna. You should have a antenna amplifier somewhere near the rear window (assuming you have the window antenna).

Also, there is a mini-connector on the back of the headunit that the traffic tuner plugs into (multi-colored wiring). Be sure this connection is good. But if you dont get any tuner errors, this connection should be good. But you never know.

Ok so I got the HD radio and the Analog radio to sound good now and way less cut outs on both. I am guessing the antenna cable was a little lose going from the car to the traffic tuner ( solution - electrical tape the hell out of them. )

I am still having (No Data under the traffic menus) I made sure to check the black connector going from the traffic receiver to the radio and everything looks good. I drove from my house to downtown Chicago (20 miles total) to see if it picked up anything after taping the cable down and no cigar. anyone one else have any thoughts. Do I need to register for anything or sign up with anything for it to work.

• 1 month later...