AVIC411.com

anyone have info on this? seems worthwile.

[url=http://cgi.ebay.com/HOW-TO-GET-Pioneer-CD-IB100-TO-USE-IPOD-CONTROLS_W0QQitemZ9523354646QQcategoryZ47103QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem]http://cgi.ebay.com/HOW-TO-GET-Pioneer- ... dZViewItem[/url]
this trick allows you to control and navigate through your library using the Ipod controls.
The trick states that following:
"Turn the car completely off, then proceed to unhook the Ipod from the adapter. The Pioneer display should disappear leaving you at the menu screen. Next, turn the Ipod off (hold down play/pause button)and put it on HOLD. Now plug it back into the adapter, wait about 5 seconds or so, then turn the car on. You should see the charge screen on your Ipod. Turn HOLD off and once you do this it will return to the Pioneer display screen (it may also stay on the charge screen). If you try and press menu it should back out of the Pioneer (or charge) screen and into main menu."

There ya go no need to spend 5 bucks.
Guest mddolfan
[quote]"Turn the car completely off, then proceed to unhook the Ipod from the adapter. The Pioneer display should disappear leaving you at the menu screen. Next, turn the Ipod off (hold down play/pause button)and put it on HOLD. Now plug it back into the adapter, wait about 5 seconds or so, then turn the car on. You should see the charge screen on your Ipod. Turn HOLD off and once you do this it will return to the Pioneer display screen (it may also stay on the charge screen). If you try and press menu it should back out of the Pioneer (or charge) screen and into main menu." [/quote]

Tried this w/ my 30gig video iPod, cd IB-100II, and AVIC-D1. Didn't work. Maybe that's one of the things they changed from the IB-100 to the IB-100II?? :wink:
[quote name="mddolfan"] [quote]"Turn the car completely off, then proceed to unhook the Ipod from the adapter. The Pioneer display should disappear leaving you at the menu screen. Next, turn the Ipod off (hold down play/pause button)and put it on HOLD. Now plug it back into the adapter, wait about 5 seconds or so, then turn the car on. You should see the charge screen on your Ipod. Turn HOLD off and once you do this it will return to the Pioneer display screen (it may also stay on the charge screen). If you try and press menu it should back out of the Pioneer (or charge) screen and into main menu." [/quote]

Tried this w/ my 30gig video iPod, cd IB-100II, and AVIC-D1. Didn't work. Maybe that's one of the things they changed from the IB-100 to the IB-100II?? :wink:[/quote]

Since you have the setup that I'm slowly putting together how's the new ipod interface with the d1? Does it actually show the full song title and stuff?
Guest mddolfan
[quote]Since you have the setup that I'm slowly putting together how's the new ipod interface with the d1? Does it actually show the full song title and stuff?[/quote]

Disappointingly, the new iPod interface is no better than the old one for the D1. The installer had to swap the iB100 in my car out for the iB100II because the cable went bad in the old one (only heard the passenger-side speakers w/ XM). I can't tell a difference between the old one and the new one in terms of functionality. I still only get eight characters of the song displayed. Searching through the iPod takes miserably long, and my iPod is only about 20% full. I can't imagine how long it will take to get to the "Rs" searching by Artist when the iPod is nearly full!!!

Still, it's better than when I tried using the I-Bus to RCA adapter by Pioneer. That unit was bad out of the box. Sound quality is great with the iB100. I wish the "trick" you posted would have worked...but thanks for posting it!
Guest mddolfan
NYZGREATST:

Are you getting something like "iPod0001" at the top of the screen? This is where the 8 characters of the song title should display. It's a matter of changing the "Function" so that the characters are displayed. If you play around with the "Function" buttons, you should be able to change that. I THINK it's Function 3, but I'll have to run out to my car at lunch and confirm (I'm taking a "coffee break" and checking out the Forum right now!). :)
[quote name="Anonymous"]http://cgi.ebay.com/HOW-TO-GET-Pioneer-CD-IB100-TO-USE-IPOD-CONTROLS_W0QQitemZ9523354646QQcategoryZ47103QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem[/quote]

Why bother to get a CD-IB100 at all if you want to use the iPod controls?
I've seen lots of aftermarket interfaces for 1/3rd the price that plug into the iPod dock connector, chargest the iPod, but you control the iPod directly.
Guest mddolfan
[quote]Why bother to get a CD-IB100 at all if you want to use the iPod controls?
I've seen lots of aftermarket interfaces for 1/3rd the price that plug into the iPod dock connector, chargest the iPod, but you control the iPod directly.[/quote]

Shawn, I tried the Pioneer CD-RB20 RCA adaptor/dock connector route directly. The CD-RB20 was defective, and died after about 15 minutes of use. The dock connector was defective---didn't charge the iPod. And for the brief time that the CD-RB20 worked, I found that the sound quality from the jack at the top of the iPod to the RCA input was inferior to what I have using the CD-IB100. So yes, the D1 control of the iPod is a PITA. But the sound quality is great, and the iPod is comfortably tucked away out of sight. For me, the trade-off is worth it.
I can understand getting the CD-IB100 if you want to control the iPod from the HU and hide the iPod away. I personally prefer to do the same, control the iPod from the HU and hide the iPod in the glove compartment. What I don't get is why buy a CD-IB100 if you [i]don't[/i] want to control it from the HU?

I wasn't really thinking of the CD-RB20 since it's just a generic aux input without an iPod connector. I was thinking of an aftermarket one similar to this:
[url]http://cgi.ebay.com/Pioneer-iPod-DIGITAL-Audio-Aux-Input-IP-Bus-AVIC-N2-N1_W0QQitemZ9731733259QQcategoryZ58350QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem[/url]
Like the IB100, it connects the audio from the dock connector directly to the P-bus line inputs.

It just seems if you want to control the iPod from the iPod itself, such a cable would be much cheaper than an IB100 and won't require any tricks.
Guest mddolfan
That sure looks like a good alternative. If I had known about a direct connection between the iPod and the P-bus port before I went the IB100 route, I probably would have at least tried it.
I bought my unit on ebay and the package came with the Ib100. But that thing pisses me off soo much, not only does it take forever to get the m's but if I accidently hit band or something I have to start all over.Thats why I want this to work, just so when people are in my car we can skip straight to the song we want to hear. Unfortunately I tried this 3 times last night and it didn't work.