AVIC411.com

anyone have info on this? seems worthwile.

Guest mddolfan
I've tried this trick about a dozen times. It hasn't worked for me at all. What really sucks is that I just installed the Alpine CDA-9857 in my wife's car, and that thing ROCKS when it comes to iPod control. I have a leftover GEX-P920XM sitting in my basement and I wanted to get a Pioneer tuner for her car, but the Alpine was so much better for iPod that I just spent the extra $$ on XMDirect for the Alpine.
  • 2 weeks later...
There is something weird about how our ipods connect with the CD-IB100. I tried this trick several times, with a gen 2 ipod, and an ipod mini and no results. I just bought a new ipod video, without even attempting to do the trick, I can somehow back out of the menu and use my ipod. What's even weirder than that, I tried it with my friends video ipod and it didn't work.
[quote name="GnatGoSplat"]I can understand getting the CD-IB100 if you want to control the iPod from the HU and hide the iPod away. I personally prefer to do the same, control the iPod from the HU and hide the iPod in the glove compartment. What I don't get is why buy a CD-IB100 if you [i]don't[/i] want to control it from the HU?

I wasn't really thinking of the CD-RB20 since it's just a generic aux input without an iPod connector. I was thinking of an aftermarket one similar to this:
[url]http://cgi.ebay.com/Pioneer-iPod-DIGITAL-Audio-Aux-Input-IP-Bus-AVIC-N2-N1_W0QQitemZ9731733259QQcategoryZ58350QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem[/url]
Like the IB100, it connects the audio from the dock connector directly to the P-bus line inputs.

It just seems if you want to control the iPod from the iPod itself, such a cable would be much cheaper than an IB100 and won't require any tricks.[/quote]

so this takes power directly from an existing IP pus device (XM Nav traffic for example) It mentions that you cant use a changer while this is plugged in, would that stop the NavTraffic from working also?
  • 1 month later...
I found this on the IPOD forum hacks not sure if it works or not but worth the shot.

THIS WAS TESTED ONLY WITH IPOD 5th GEN (IPOD VIDEO)

will test it soon with the others when I can borrow.

The secret is to let your IPOD shut down by itself (Auto shut off) before plugging it to the pioneer CD-IB100. YOu will then get the charging signal, then press menyu and voila browse through your IPOD or through your Pioneer stereo.

Remember, you have to let the ipod auto shut down AND NOT THE FORCE SHOT DOWN (pressing play/pause button.) The auto shutodown will take about 1 minute or so (didnt actually time it)

When you disconnet you IPOD from the CD-IB100 you have to go through the auto shutdown again but if you leave your IPOD connected, shutdown your car and start your car again there is no need to go through the auto shutdown process anymore.
Here is another solution I found on Ilounge

For those of you who bought the Pioneer Ipod adapter and want control back of your Ipod when connected to the in car system, here is how you do it with out having to disconnect the Ipod from the dock connector to pick your music.

It will of course invalidate your warranty on the adapter but you will have control. Open up the Ipod adapter box, just two Phillips screws, you should see a connector that has all the wires going to it from the white cables coming into the box from the Ipod. Carefully pull the connector upwards to disconnect it. In the middle there should be a blue wire, lift the little peg that holds the very small socket that the blue wire is connected to and it should now just pull out. Put a bit of electrical tape around it to stop it touching any thing and put the top back on the box. Of course you do this with the power off and pull the power connecter out of the Ipod adapter.

After reconnecting it all, you should now have full control of your Ipod to pick your music. The down side is you loose the auto stop and start when you turn the car ignition on and off.
  • 2 months later...
[quote name="barrios35"]
The secret is to let your IPOD shut down by itself (Auto shut off) before plugging it to the pioneer CD-IB100. YOu will then get the charging signal, then press menyu and voila browse through your IPOD or through your Pioneer stereo.
[/quote]

This was working great for me - until I upgraded my iPod Video (5G) to the 1.2 software. Now, the charging icon never fills the screen (it only ever shows "Pioneer") and now I can't navigate on the iPod anymore.

Anyone else with 1.2 software seeing this issue, or is it just me? Are there workarounds (besides removing cables?)
-Craig