AVIC411.com

EU F900BT does not start / Black screen

Hi All,

i come to you to may be find a solution to revive my F900BT..

Yesterday the car battery went dead.. tried 3 times but car stuck dead..so i went to the autorepair an bought a new battery unit. I replace the dead one and when restarting the car i noticed that my F900BT unit did not start.. i took a look at the car system as i know that whith the manufacturer car system you need to activate them.. here nothing like that.. so i came to the abrupt conclusion that my unit was dead also!!! :(

now what it does (or not..)...

when starting the car the unit starts also but screen remains black and the MAP and MENU buttons are blue.. few seconds after the blue light ends and the unit is still with a black screen but nothing more.

i tried to use testmode but nothing still the same results.

So i tried to update WINCE using Service mode (i push MENU + MAP + EJECT at the same and reset = i come directly to service mode) Note that service mode can be also accessed only pushing MENU + MAP and reset....

so in servie mode i can browse through the different settings like Upgrade WINCe.. Here i try to upgrade using different BIN images but the only thing the unit does is read the files and display READ PROCESSING 100% and then nothing again..

so i can't upgrade neither...

i'm really desperate to get that unit back to life (my wife want to get her baby back!! :) )

FYI i have another unit F900BT in my second car so i can use it for the backup files as they are with the same modifications.

I'm also downloading TAIL24 huge file to check if his testmode 2.3 can work on my unit as all other have failed..

So if someone have some hints, infos, tips, i would really appreciate.

Cheers from France BTW :wink:

Treker

So you have a second euro Avic? Use the test mode files you have on that one. Go in and copy MY Flash Disk from working Avic. Then go to non worning avic Try wince files from my torrent try 3.0 first. Then try test mode 2.3 with your other Avics backup. Paste those files into it. All my backups are US as they are from my US Avics.

yes i will use all the files from my flash disk of the second unit. problem is that i'm using the tesmode i currently use on the second unit but it doesn't work on the faulty unit... strange...

i hope that your wince file will work on my unit.. if yes i'm sure i'll be out of the ..... :) lol

Let me know if you need any EU backup file for your huuuge zip ;-) i'll be glad to help as well.

almost done with your file (90%)... will see that tomorrow morning and after work.

I'd love your clean Avic copy. You also may want to go on pioneers website and grab the latest EU update and try applying that before you do the wince update. You may be able to get into test mode that way. Id suggest that before you do wince.

yes it is..

and even with the zip file of Tail24 no chances...

the unit after choosing 0=WINCE by SD/MMC (format) starts reading the BIN file up to 100% and then when the 100% are reached stop doing anything... no other actions... i'm only left with shutting down the unit or reseting it...

well no luck also here... damned, there must be something to do!!! :(

strange also when in service mode i have in the upper part of the screen written AVIC F700_R15_0319 256M and my unit is a F900BT...!!

Also i can enter service mode only pressing Reset and MAP + MENU... no need to presse EJECT... is this normal.

Now when trying to run the WINCEupdate, the unit stops and goes directly to black screen...

BTW what is a MBR Format..?? wouldn't that help??

Mbr is the type of memory your avic has, I believe at least. You can try that method then follow my first pinned thread but use euro sdmlc instead of UC. This method is much more complicated and much more apt to permanently Brick unit. But since at stand still mine as we'll try

LPU808 doesn't work either...!!

I wondered if i could update the SDMLC using service mode.. do you think it is realisable?

I did retreive the WINCE images from my second unit and your testmode works perfectly with it.. but on the brick unit impossible to upgrade WINCE...

The SDMLC is the firmware right, so could it be that it got damaged somehow and that now the unit doesn't even start because the black screen comes directly when i should be expecting the Navgate splashscreen...