AVIC411.com

I have an AVIC F700BT and I have the issue with it stuck on the startup screen and it just reboots after a while. I have done what is shown above, but when I am pasting the files to the AVIC it gets an error and can not paste the file. I have downloaded the torrent multiple times to make sure its good. I also used 3 different SD cards to make sure that wasn't an issue, and did full format to each card prior to using them.

Any help?

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the error when I paste the files from the SD card to the system. It will copy them over for about 5 minutes then this pops up

IMAG0291.jpg

Here is the error I get when I try to use the update provided by Pioneer to update to Firmware 2.006000

IMAG0290.jpg

Well I fixed the system. I had to unmount "My Flash Disk" format it and then delete it and make a new one. Then copy all the files from my SD card to the newly created My Flash Disk. Then I had to use the update found on Pioneers website (AVIC_F-Series_Firmware_Update_2.008000) and run the update.

My system starts up and works fine. Seems to be slower than it was before (I had 2.0 on it before). And now the USB works when it wants to is the only real issue I have found.

Is there a firmware update to 3.0 that is actually working for the F700BT

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks for this post! Like most here - my B700 just stopped - right when I left for a 700 mile trip! Boy was I discouraged - no music, no GPS and well smartphone is nice but really hard to hear through its little speaker!

I installed it and while I still have to look through the threads and posts, I still have a problem...the system shows my mod screen when t boots then it goes black. I have to keep pushing the map, menu buttons several times before I get the menu screen. I'm thinking I should update to 3.0 but I think I should find and fix this problem first. As long as the system works for the ride back, I am more than happy with doing this for one trip!

Again - a million thanks! I love my system and so happy it is somewhat repaired! 8)

BTW - with a hotel connection - it took almost 24 hours to download this file through utorrent but worth it! All the firmware and updates are now downloaded

well I took a chance and installed the firmware 2.008....maybe I should have done the 2.006 first....anyway - still didn't work. I reverted back to the downloaded F700 2.0 files from your download. I thought it was odd that I could get my av to work, cd, phone ( I do have the 290 version...just found out), bluetooth and maps would come up but getting to this was a hassle because of the black screen Each time I started the car or pressed the reset button, it would boot showing the splash screen then black. I would wait like 30 seconds and press the map button. The navi disclaimer would come up and the "system start-up..." message. then things were fine.

For a system that gave me no problems (outside the xm module) for almost 4 years until about 3 days ago, I found it hard to believe my files were "corrupt". So I continued to dig back in these threads and saw a post in 2009 about the back-up camera. I do not have one but when I read it, I figured - hey it is worth a try! (and it was easier than chancing the format MBR thing!)

So for the millionth time today, I went out to the car (I started taking the hotel elevator since the stairs were killing me! LOL) and started the unit. When I went through the usual splash t black and wait routine, but when I got the menu, I did the following: Settings>System Settings>Backup Camera. Both buttons were illuminated and I selected OFF. I then restarted my car and YES - I got the splash screen until the navi disclaimer. Granted it does not go directly to menu but I can click the menu button from the maps and get there and there s no more back screen!. I also saw an issue with voice commands when this happens. I will check this when I leave but for those wondering - you may have to set the language too. Why did this happen? From what I read, it appears to be constant extreme hot weather. Call it a quirk.

Tail24-, I think this post on the back-up camera had your "fingerprints" all over it (or a member who began with a "T").... THANK YOU!!! I saw ALL the problems you have helped others with and well I just think you should be CEO of Pioneer! :-P

Now...should I install the 2.6 firmware...then the 2.08 followed by the F700 3.0 or just leave well enough alone even though it is not perfect?