AVIC411.com

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My F700BT came installed when I bought my truck so I didn't know much about it. It worked great for 2 years and then a couple days ago it started to boot loop. I am pretty tech savvy when it comes to software so I started searching and found this forum. I am not even sure what firmware my unit had, but probably just whatever it came with from the factory. At first I tried Tail24's instructions and I kept getting file copy errors. Then I followed enkrypt3d's guide to upgrade to 4.01. It worked great, fixed my boot loops and upgraded teh firmware. All in, it probably took me one hour to fix. I thought I was going to have to purchase a new head unit. Thanks for the help Tail24 & Encrypt3d

My F700bt starts up with the boot screen for about 10secounds then the screen goes black. The buttons are purple and I don't change them to the color. The menu button does not work and when I press map it goes to the warning screen and says " system startup please wait". But it never goes away. Can someone put me in the right direction of what to do?