AVIC411.com

Complete Noobie with AppRadio 2, so what do I do?

I literally picked up my truck yesterdat at 5p with the AppRadio2 and overall I love it. However, as most have seen, there are a few issues here and there. So, I read the "hot" topics, especially "AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control" and "Jailbreak Appradio / Appradio Plus" and frankly, I am truly lost.

I see that I can/should update the firmware, which I can do this weekend or next week. I have the iPhone4s with latest iOS. Reading these two threads I read, "I should jailbreak my iPhone and install Mike's AppRadio Ext. This will effectively make my AR2 an iPhone once setup."

So, first question is, "Am I understanding the basis of these two threads?"

Second question is, "As a Noobie, can someone give even more detailed steps?" For example, "Uninstall backgrounder if it is already installed (check Cydia). It is now integrated." doesn't help me. I don't have the foundation to know how to uninstall "backgounder", I don't know if it is already installed or integrated and I don't know who Cydia is :).

Thanks!