AVIC411.com

Will changing the bootup screen on my Z1 void the warranty!

Ducatiboy,

The reason I mentioned this is because I recall reading a thread on this forum where someone stated that he could read all of the files on his Z1 hard drive and that he did not unlock it himself.

Do you recall reading this thread? Anyway, it must have came to him unlocked and was probably just a fluke but nevertheless, it proves that it could happen. Agreed?

Kevin

Here is the post that I remembered:

jake wrote:

i can view the files on the z1 hd, landed up using an ide-laptop case usb 2.0 and plugging it into my mac. its has a bunch of files and folders but i cant make sence of anything.

Pulp_Fiction replied:

I did the same thing except I connected it to a PC instead of a MAC. From what I've read this shouldn't have worked. ATA locking doesn't care what computer you connect it to. Sounds like you have an unlocked hard drive.

Did you by chance do this before you ever turned the z1 on for the first time? Because of how the z1 locked another drive of mine as soon as it was inserted and powered up perhaps the inital drives from Pioneer come unlocked and are locked on first boot. Sort of like how smart cards are married in satelite systems for those that know about that stuff too.

Here is the link to the entire thread:

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... t=unlocked