AVIC411.com

F90BT iPod Classic 120GB Issue

Does the cable USB Pinout post on the forums, need to be something I look into?

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/33736-avic-f700bt-usb-cable-pinout/

I have an f90bt, but wondering if this could be a possibility, although the USB drive works pretty much works every single time. The other times it appears to be like the headi it doesn't want to access it unless I unplug it and plug it back in.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so have you ever checked yet to see if other ipods acted the same way or if it is only happening on your ipod?

i would definitely confirm that this problem happens on all other ipods before i would take anything apart!

I'm fairly good with taking electronics apart and putting them back together... (I've dismantled my ps3 twice for some dust removal. Lol!) hopefully tomorrow when I meet up with some friends they will let me test their iPods to see if mine is possessed. The funny thing (and the reason I don't feel taking it apart will help anything) is that my small 8gb USB drive connects every single time.

If worse comes to worse and it wouldn't be a big deal, could I use a portable 100gb harddrive as long as say the "cigarette lighter" is powering it?

The funny thing (and the reason I don't feel taking it apart will help anything) is that my small 8gb USB drive connects every single time.

if a flash memory drive works every time with out fail, then you problem is not an internal wiring issue, its either a problem with the ipod, the software on the avic, or a compatibility problem between the two softwares.

Hah! He's a pretty cool guy, although he didn't let me try his iPod out. At this stage I'm just stuck. When I get some time I'm going to get me a USB car charger and make sure it will power my USB drive so i can just listen to music from there.

Out of curiosity, is the 4.0 hybrid firmware worth putting on the f90bt? I'll just use te maps from my fx3.1 install. I'm curious if some drivers that are built into the fx3.1 would maybe be causing issues. I've connected my iPod classic countless times to the same friends avic d3 and it worked every single time.

I don't have an iPod to use on the F90BT, but after upgrading to the hybrid software a week or two ago I'm very impressed with it. Found a set of 2011Q4 maps to use with it also. The button layout on the map screen is significantly improved, among other things.

the ipod and all AV for that matter arent affected by what myflashdisk you have... so no fx3.1 vs hybrid 4.01 will make no difference. These versions primarily affect the navigation side of the units. There is no real benefit of going to 4.01 unless you are also "purchasing" updated maps. You are better off adding the Daftia mods on top of your present fx system or find another finished mod more to your liking as these mods add much more costumization to anything pioneer has done in the multiple years the units have been out.

Could a problem be with me having restored the iPod on the mac versus windows? I see under iTunes the format says "Macintosh" and since the avic runs on Windows, could that be a problem. The only reason I questioned my fx3.1 software is because the my iPod works perfectly with his avic d3.

Yeah. I'm currently using an 8gb Sandisk Cruzer thumb drive with the f90bt. It has connected every single time. I just leave the av1 source to iPod and it works with the USB drive. I can have the car off and unplug the thumb drive and plug in the iPod. Upon recranking the car, the iPod never connects. It attempts to, but just immediately disconnects.

I believe I may have actually fixed it this morning. I'm trying to allow some time to verify it. The iPod was formatted and restored in iTunes on a Mac. Since it doesn't take long to do a restore, I went ahead and did a format and restore on a windows computer. That seemed to do the trick.

I've used the same USB data cable with both operating systems and have done multiple restores before on the Mac. This is the first time I've tried a windows-based computer.

Note: its a Mac running both apple operating system and bootcamp running windows on the same computer, with same USB port.

So for now I seem to think it has something to do with it being a windows formatted iPod versus a Mac.

I'm still giving it a bit of time before I consider it the definitive problem, but for right now, its performing like a champ.

I went out to the car after copying a movie in iPod format and when the movie finishes, my iPod disconnects as well if I hold the fast forward button for about 5 seconds. (I assume because it's fast forwarding very quickly.) Also just watching the video for about 3-5 minutes, it will disconnect the iPod.

Luckily, when I manually disconnect the iPod by pulling the cable and connecting it back it works perfectly fine with the music. So music and connection issues appear to be fixed, except with videos, but I'll look for some fixes with that hopefully. So it appears I'm just tackling one problem at a time. At least I'm making progress.