AVIC411.com

F90BT iPod Classic 120GB Issue

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody use a Mac when syncing or formatting/restoring their iPod classic? I'm curious if the windows formatting versus the Mac formatting may cause issues, otherwise I believe I can blame it on the connection between my iPod and the headunit, which I don't believe is the problem.

agreed, restoring an ipod more than once is usually a waste of time. its as simple as its going to be one of five problem

1.software problem on the ipod

2.hardware problem on the ipod

3.the connection cable

4.software problem on the AVIC

or 5. a hardware problem on the AVIC

now identify, isolate and eliminate

you have now proved multiple times that it is not a software problem on the ipod

X1

you have tried a different cable so you know that's not it

X3

you where told days ago to swap out the ipod to rule out (or more likely confirm) that the problem is with ipod itself could be many internal issues with the ipod almost all needing the ipod to be replaced

?2

so now you can choose to rule out #4 and #5 by either replacing all of the software on the AVIC or by trying a different radio or easier yet, going to a store with your ipod and testing it on some displays, this will be a win win, because you will either confirm that your problem is with your ipod or you will confirm that your avic is the problem and then you will be able to replace it right there, i would also recommend trying a store that sells both nav systems and ipods

also not to get off on a rant here, but if you still cant find one of the 300,000,000 ipods that have been built to borrow for some testing, you either have the worst group of friends ever, or you are that friend that everybody has that just doesn't respect everybody elses shit and any time they do let you borrow stuff it comes back all jacked up.

this issue should have been solved in a day or two, not dragged out for three weeks.maybe its just me or the fact that every hour i waste trying to fix my own problems is just another fist full of cash im pissing away by not working on a paying job.

Regardless, all of the possible outcomes are now contained in this thread. Good luck!

also not to get off on a rant here, but if you still cant find one of the 300,000,000 ipods that have been built to borrow for some testing, you either have the worst () group of friends ever, or you are that friend that everybody has that just doesn't respect everybody elses shit and any time they do let you borrow stuff it comes back all jacked up.

LMAO!!! I so almost pissed myself my friend.

format this, format that, isnt that what we talked about the other day, specifically about how apple was known for all of their software issues, and their products were known for all of their glitches and bugs... oh wait, sorry, i forgot we where talking about that APPLE, and software is what they do. there is a reason that all of their stuff cost three times as much as everything else, because they just work. i have seen extremely few ipod that have failed that looked like they where actually taken care of like a sensitive piece of electronic equipment, instead they all look like an IED blew up the car it was in or it was tossed out the window of the general lee as it was flying over a moving train...

I got around to putting some music on my iphone's ipod app and it connects every single time. Even when I held the usb cable and plugged in my phone, it connected right away, then holding the usb cable in the same spot, i plugged in the classic and it tried to connect, but then immediately disconnected. I guess what I'll have to do at this stage is probably sell the classic and get another. What was throwing me off, was that every time I connected the ipod to the computer I never once had an issue. I have also used the classic with a iHome portable speaker that outputs the audio through the dock connector and allows me to change and pause songs through the portable speakers buttons without any issues. Looking at the pinout diagrams for the dock connector, I guess there is some different pins that the avic uses and those are just messed up on the ipod. So in the end, I guess my iPod is broke. I'm gonna run by some pawn shops and see what they'll give me for it and I'll try to buy another.

• 1 month later...

I haven't been on here in a while, but the 80gb running firmware 1.1.2 is acting up just like the 120gb. I keep everything I own in really great condition and try my best to protect them. It seems to disconnect after connecting, like the old iPod did. I'm wondering if it has something to do with me unplugging it, because I listen to it at work all the time. I'm wondering if there is some small file setting that keeps conflicting with the f90bt? My iPhone 4s connects every single time, so the earlier comment about the 120gb being a rare event doesn't seem so likely anymore now that the 80gb is doing the same thing. I would appreciate whoever cares to comment. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...