AVIC411.com

I installed my Appradio 2 over the weekend and I am currently pleased with it. I have noticed one issue though. The carmedia player app doesnt seem to find my mp3's I have downloaded through Google Music. To be clear they are not streamed form the Google server but I rather I have saved them to my Galaxy Nexus for offline listening. The media player only seems to see the mp3's that are in my amazon mp3 folder. Any idea how I can get the app to search and or find all my mp3's? It is rather annoying to have to play the majority of my music from my phone screen rather then having it on the AppRadio screen

So they are actually downloaded files from google music and not cached files? If you have google music save files for offline listening (you went through the process of selecting music in the app after selecting "save for offline" and then hit done) through the app they are not actually downloaded. They are just cached, so there is not an actual mp3 file.

You'd need to actually download the files. from your computer and then transfer them over. I no longer use google music now that I have this and just use the stock music player or the car media player since all of my music is not actually downloaded to my sd card. I hope that helps.

That is rather annoying... I was under the impression it actually downloaded the files... For instance if I go into a file explorer on my Nexus I can see all my Google music I have "saved" and can play them with my data turned off. But you are saying they are not actual MP3's but just cached versions of streaming files?

What I need to do is go to my computer and physically transfer all my music to my phone and then they will show up in the car media player app? that is not a huge deal just annoying. I assume this is a problem with the app that Google needs to update so it can work with the appradio app? Or they need to make Google Music a compatible app?

That is rather annoying... I was under the impression it actually downloaded the files... For instance if I go into a file explorer on my Nexus I can see all my Google music I have "saved" and can play them with my data turned off. But you are saying they are not actual MP3's but just cached versions of streaming files?

What I need to do is go to my computer and physically transfer all my music to my phone and then they will show up in the car media player app? that is not a huge deal just annoying. I assume this is a problem with the app that Google needs to update so it can work with the appradio app? Or they need to make Google Music a compatible app?

Yeah you can seem them, but they aren't actually .mp3 or.mp4 files. It is a cached folder. Yes you'll need to transfer the files to your phone in order to listen to your music. This is a bit annoying as I am just like you and always used the Google music app. Hopefully appradio will eventually make Google music a compatible app so we can still stream.

This is where your offline or cached music is stored. sdcard/Android/data/com.google.android.music/cache/music

Nice well that's a good enough start. I found an app on the Play Store that runs conversion for you from all the offline files.. It's like 4 bucks I think and seems to work well enough. It converts any files that are saved for offline and then removes the offline status so it doesn't re download them and supposedly monitors for new files saved and does those on the fly. May not have to physically transfer the music over which would be nice.

Nice well that's a good enough start. I found an app on the Play Store that runs conversion for you from all the offline files.. It's like 4 bucks I think and seems to work well enough. It converts any files that are saved for offline and then removes the offline status so it doesn't re download them and supposedly monitors for new files saved and does those on the fly. May not have to physically transfer the music over which would be nice.

Nice to know, what's it called?

It is called Offline Music Importer. Free for 50 songs then paid after that. Not sure what the paid cost is. It did not let me choose the tracks to import just started going through my library.... I have not bought the full version yet. I let it run the 50 for free and the Car Media Player App seems to recognize them. It moved them to the Music Folder which was nice also.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sapien.music.importer&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5zYXBpZW4ubXVzaWMuaW1wb3J0ZXIiXQ..