AVIC411.com

Avic z140. Inconsistent volume throughout a song

Just installed the Avic z140 in my Toyota Camry which had a JBL 8-speaker system. I had to get a harness that allowed the built in amp to sync up to the head unit. Plugged speaker wires done through the harness and then the harness plugged in via RCA cables. I don't know the model number, but it was an axxess. Also have the axxess steering wheel control adapter.

Anyway, as I'm listening to music, the volume fluctuates. It does so more with BT audio and Pandora than with CDs, but still does it with CDs and radio. I noticed when I adjust the volume or do any fuction on the radio that has the chime, the music will get pretty loud for a second or two and then drop down to normal. BT and Pandora do it throught the song. maybe every 10 seconds or so even if I'm not doing anyhting. Almost like it's doing some kind of compression off and on. I thought maybe it was a loose wire, but it seems more like a processor error given that sound never cuts out completely and because it's 100% consistent if I adjust something to cause the head unit beep/chime.

Anybody experience this issue? I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the wire harness. I had a Clarion in there before which ran flawlessly using the same harness, so it seems more like the pioneer or combination of the two.

Any help would be appreciated.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...