AVIC411.com

App Radio/App Radio 2 Bypass Confirmed!!!

Starting a new thread to highlight this finding. This has been confirmed by our resident installer 1Loudls as well as the folks at my local shop. This also works with the AVH-8400 as well. This is now the official bypass thread and all other threads will be locked.

To bypass the radio, you will need to get a Pac TR7 and a standard relay. The relay wiring will be:

85 - Blue wire on the TR7

86 - White eand Orange wire from the TR7

87 - Tied to 86 on the relay

30 - parking break wire on the Pioneer

Wiring for the TR7:

Red - ignition source

Black - ground

Green - remote wire on the Pioneer

Orange - 86 & 87 on the relay

White - 86 & 87 on the relay

Blue - 85 on the relay

The TR7 will need to be setup for feature 12. The settings will be:

Option 1 - 1 delayed on for Blue

Option 2 - 2 delayed off for White

Option 3 - 1 delayed for Orange

Duration 1 - 040 (40 seconds)

Duration 2 - 045 (45 seconds)

Duration 3 - 050 (50 seconds)

The way that it works is: the radio remote provides the + trigger to the TR7. The TR7 then supplies ground to the white wire for 45 seconds. After 40 seconds, the TR7 supplies power to the blue wire. This triggers the relay and sends ground to the pioneer parking break wire. After 5 seconds, the TR7 then puts the white wire to open and the relay then goes to open for 5 seconds. After that, the TR7 will then put ground on the orange wire causing the relay to trigger sending ground to the pioneer.

this is exactly what i did, and it worked like a champ on three cars (two app radios and one app radio 2)

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the PAC TR7 (not to be confused with the older PAC TR-7 in the black case) can also be configured to be used in mode 17 (clarion) without the need for a relay and is much simpler to program BUT PAC tech support does not have any other information other than that the new modules can do modes 17-23

http://www.pac-audio...ulletin_002.pdf

but they can not answer any questions you might have on it (or at least the two simple fellows that i got to talk to couldn't)

so i was wondering if anybody set theirs up for the clarion mode (17) and how they wired it up???

!!!ALSO THERE IS A SMALL TYPO IN THE ABOVE QUOTE!!!

it may cause some small confusion

near the bottom

"Option 3 - 1 delayed for Orange" should be :Option 3 - 1 delayed ON for Orange

Option 3 - 1 delayed ON for Orange

!!!EURO UNITS DO NOT NEED ANYTHING EXTRA TO BYPASS THEIR UNITS!!!

to bypass a Euro unit, just ground the P-brake wire.

doesn't matter where you ground it, can be connected to the chassis of the radio, the body of the car, or even just wired into the black ground wire in the main wire harness.

Okay did this tonight and it works flawlessly. It took me and my son a while to figure out the programming. When you get the the features part, referred to above as options, simply pulse once for the blue wire, twice for white and then once again for orange. We thought you had to pulse once to select the wire and then again for the option. Once we got past that it was simple and immediately worked. Very happy with this and with Mikes AppExtensions getting closer to my ideal;)

yes they are.

thanks, i see you have a lincoln ls as well did everything fit behind the stereo good for you? i have the metra steering wheel adapter behidn mine and i already feel like its a squeeze getting the stereo in

just noticed you do not appear to have the appradio in that car

Hi, I'm new on this Site but bought an appradio2 and I'm interested in the bypass :)

When I try to see the items which were linked here , I was "automaticaly" proposed another one

http://www.amazon.com/Parking-Override-Automatic-Pioneer-AVH-P8400BH/dp/B007QE03IM/ref=pd_cp_e_1

Which seems easier to install but that I don't heard about before .. did someone try it ?

Another question : Is the lack of this overide a reason not to see the picture on the appradio2 when connected in advanced app ? (I see a still picture of my android phone (SG2), the app is launched on the phone and I can slide on the appradio unit (and see that it works on the phone :) ) but there is no picture on the unit .

Thanks for your site by the way :)

those micro bypasses have worked for past AVH models that use a similar sequence, but i have heard that there are people experiencing problems with the newer pioneer firmware's, as of now, i have not been able to replicate this issue yet to try to track down the reason for it not working.

I am also curious to see if anybody there is having issues with their bypass AND running the most current firmware???

thanks, i see you have a lincoln ls as well did everything fit behind the stereo good for you?

yes, not easy by any means, with all of the add ons and custom wiring needed, there is very little extra room back there, for starters any extra cables (IP-Bus, GPS, mic, XM, BU camera, usb, and AV) have been coiled under the end caps of each side of the dash instead of behind the radio (which i recommend with any car possible) then the xm tuner and SWI-PS are mounted above the glove box, then as it is being put back into the dash, you have to stop every couple of inches to tuck all of the other harnesses and wires off to each side of the radio cavity to make more room.

just noticed you do not appear to have the appradio in that car

wont matter, all of pioneers units are all about the same depth

Just wanted to give my experience using the PAC TR7/relay method being discussed here. I too had this setup working with my AppRadio. While it worked flawlessly for a few weeks, out of nowhere it stopped working. Didn't have the time to troubleshoot what happened, but went to the switch bypass method for now until I have time to figure out what happened.

were you using mode 12 or 17?

as far as it quit working, was the relay still being triggered on, off, and back on?

if not, i would start looking at the wiring to make sure that nothing came loose, or try reprogramming the TR7.

were you using mode 12 or 17?

as far as it quit working, was the relay still being triggered on, off, and back on?

if not, i would start looking at the wiring to make sure that nothing came loose, or try reprogramming the TR7.

Mode 12, I programmed it exactly as listed in the first post of this thread. Not sure exactly what stopped working, as I haven't had a chance to troubleshoot. I know that I used to be able to here the setup clicking, but then the clicking just stopped.