AVIC411.com

App Radio/App Radio 2 Bypass Confirmed!!!

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^ i agree, its not figuring out how to program it that was hard, it was just making it through the entire sequence with out making a mistake that was the challenge.

but then again, if they wanted to make it easy, they would just let you ground the wire!

lol, im almost to the point where i will pay someone to program mine as well :) I have some local buddies that have experience with car audio stuff and will ask them to help me and maybe I'll put a video together that shows step by step how to program this damn thing.

Are you still having problems with both of your units? The one thing I read online that helped to get it in programming mode is, turn programming mode on before you hook up the power source. That was the only way I could reliably get it into programming mode.

Other then that I followed the directions on pg 3 and it just took a couple tries to get the count right

How I did mine: tr7_wiring.jpg

Then for programming:

1. Have only the red and black wires of the pac connected.

2. Turn car on or to accessory power.

3. Move the programming switch to ON.

4. Ground the brown wire 17 times.

5. Wait 3 seconds and ensure the light on the pac flashes 17 times.

6. Ground the brown wire 1 time to enter timing mode.

7. Wait 3 seconds for minutes timeout, light will flash.

8. Wait 3 seconds for tens place timeout, light will flash.

9. Ground the brown wire 3 times.

10. Wait 3 seconds and ensure pac flashes 3 times, then goes to fast flash.

11. Move programming switch to OFF.

12. Turn vehicle off.

13. Reconnect/connect the blue wire from TR7 to parking brake wire, green wire from TR7 to accessory power.

14. Profit!

So no relay is necessary if you choose this method?

Dumb question then...why use a relay? I am doing my install myself on Saturday, and although I had initially planned NOT to bypass, I want to make sure I am not choosing a method I'll regret later.

relay is required with the appradio 1, the no relay method only works with the appradio 2.

the PAC TR7 (not to be confused with the older PAC TR-7 in the black case) can also be configured to be used in mode 17 (clarion) without the need for a relay and is much simpler to program BUT PAC tech support does not have any other information other than that the new modules can do modes 17-23

http://www.pac-audio...ulletin_002.pdf

but they can not answer any questions you might have on it (or at least the two simple fellows that i got to talk to couldn't)

so i was wondering if anybody set theirs up for the clarion mode (17) and how they wired it up???

!!!ALSO THERE IS A SMALL TYPO IN THE ABOVE QUOTE!!!

it may cause some small confusion

near the bottom

"Option 3 - 1 delayed for Orange" should be :Option 3 - 1 delayed ON for Orange

The TR7 and the TR-7 are the same module. Yes the housing have changed a bit but they are still and always have been the same module.

Here is how to set it up with version 17. This is for a clarion radio so the timing may need to be changed.

Clarion-Jensenl-Dual-Marine-Mode_ver2.pdf

1loudls is correct

proof: pdf from their site http://www.pac-audio...ulletin_002.pdf

The TR7 has 7 additional Bonus Features not documented in the instructions. These Features are 17-23 as

listed below. Only the TR7 supports these features. The older TR-7 in the black case does not support these

features.

also looks like there is a new tr7 pro out. http://www.pac-audio.com/productDetails.aspx?ProductId=1137&CategoryID=31

can program it from your pc

1loudls is correct

proof: pdf from their site http://www.pac-audio...ulletin_002.pdf

The TR7 has 7 additional Bonus Features not documented in the instructions. These Features are 17-23 as

listed below. Only the TR7 supports these features. The older TR-7 in the black case does not support these

features.

also looks like there is a new tr7 pro out. http://www.pac-audio...7&CategoryID=31

can program it from your pc

Weird.... Go to their website http://www.pac-audio.com/productDetails.aspx?ProductId=717&CategoryID=31

Click on tech docs and click on the instructions..... It has the TR-7 instructions. coincidence? I think not.

Yes, some of the very first revisions on the module didn't support the bonus features. Anything you buy or come across now will have it regardless of whether or not it has the - in the part number. Especially since that document has a date of 4-08-08. I mean I only work for PAC.... What would I know?

How I did mine: tr7_wiring.jpg

Then for programming:

1. Have only the red and black wires of the pac connected.

2. Turn car on or to accessory power.

3. Move the programming switch to ON.

4. Ground the brown wire 17 times.

5. Wait 3 seconds and ensure the light on the pac flashes 17 times.

6. Ground the brown wire 1 time to enter timing mode.

7. Wait 3 seconds for minutes timeout, light will flash.

8. Wait 3 seconds for tens place timeout, light will flash.

9. Ground the brown wire 3 times.

10. Wait 3 seconds and ensure pac flashes 3 times, then goes to fast flash.

11. Move programming switch to OFF.

12. Turn vehicle off.

13. Reconnect/connect the blue wire from TR7 to parking brake wire, green wire from TR7 to accessory power.

14. Profit!

Having trouble with mine too, tried the switch method and did not work so going to try this. When you say ground the brown wire...do you mean take the brown wire with the end exposed off the tr-7 and just touch it to bare metal? Is that grounding it? Thanks for the awesome post, instructions and pics. VERY NICE!!!!!!!!