AVIC411.com

App Radio/App Radio 2 Bypass Confirmed!!!

Good afternoon all,

Just thought I would share my experience with the App Radio 2 (SPH-DA100). I bought the UK model from Halfords and can confirm that the switch or relay is not needed for the UK model (at least for the model I have anyway...). I simply connected the handbrake wire to the ground on vehicle wiring harness and I am able to access all menus at any time - including youtube etc when I have my phone connected (HTC Sensation).

I have installed the unit in my Alfa Romeo Spider (2008), at some point I will put up some pics and installation guide over on Alfa Owner and post a link on here for anyone interested.

Ali

My US model was just installed and they did the parking brake/green wire to the head unit ground and it does not work on my unit.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Having trouble with mine too, tried the switch method and did not work so going to try this. When you say ground the brown wire...do you mean take the brown wire with the end exposed off the tr-7 and just touch it to bare metal? Is that grounding it? Thanks for the awesome post, instructions and pics. VERY NICE!!!!!!!!

See in the pic (and instruction #1) how you have to hook up the red (12v source) and black (ground) wires when programming the TR-7? Just leave a small section of that ground wire visible, and ground the exposed brown wire (like you said) to it. Bare metal would probably work also, at least if it's the same metal as your power source...The black wire is a sure ground though.

See in the pic (and instruction #1) how you have to hook up the red (12v source) and black (ground) wires when programming the TR-7? Just leave a small section of that ground wire visible, and ground the exposed brown wire (like you said) to it. Bare metal would probably work also, at least if it's the same metal as your power source...The black wire is a sure ground though.

Nice, thanks for the tips, just ordered the TR-7.

Yes, some of the very first revisions on the module didn't support the bonus features. Anything you buy or come across now will have it regardless of whether or not it has the - in the part number. Especially since that document has a date of 4-08-08.
so then you do admit that there are some units out there that dont support the "bonus features" ok because for a minute there i though you where saying that they all did support it.

forgive me for only telling people exactly what your company propagated to me!

I mean I only work for PAC.... What would I know?
two thoughts on this,

first, not every person that works for any company has a clue what the hell is going on there! for example, i have talked to some really intelligent people from your own company, I have also talked to some real idiots whose only tech support ability is to read word for word the manual that i had sitting in front of me (which by the way twice ive had somebody read off to me that exact line and tell me they couldn't offer any help). look at pioneers tech support, they are all over the place, some dont even know anything about what you are calling about, others admit to it being a very common problem and can tell you the workaround. how the hell am i supposed to know which end of the spectrum you fall into?

second, maybe if your so damn smart at your job, you should change all of the "incorrect information" your company just throws in to its packaging. or at a bare minimum, make sure at least the damn people who answer the freakin phones how all of their products work, or at least give them up to date material.

better yet brosophina, why dont you just pump the brakes a bit with the attitude.

My US model was just installed and they did the parking brake/green wire to the head unit ground and it does not work on my unit.

yup i believe that was covered awhile ago that US units dont work that way, its kinds why we created this thread :idea:

so then you do admit that there are some units out there that dont support the "bonus features" ok because for a minute there i though you where saying that they all did support it.

forgive me for only telling people exactly what your company propagated to me!

two thoughts on this,

first, not every person that works for any company has a clue what the hell is going on there! for example, i have talked to some really intelligent people from your own company, I have also talked to some real idiots whose only tech support ability is to read word for word the manual that i had sitting in front of me (which by the way twice ive had somebody read off to me that exact line and tell me they couldn't offer any help). look at pioneers tech support, they are all over the place, some dont even know anything about what you are calling about, others admit to it being a very common problem and can tell you the workaround. how the hell am i supposed to know which end of the spectrum you fall into?

second, maybe if your so damn smart at your job, you should change all of the "incorrect information" your company just throws in to its packaging. or at a bare minimum, make sure at least the damn people who answer the freakin phones how all of their products work, or at least give them up to date material.

better yet brosophina, why dont you just pump the brakes a bit with the attitude.

Very well put as always my friend.

:(

Tried bypassing my radio today and it was a complete and utter failure. All the LEDs flashed as they should, but in the end all that happened was the radio still insisted in putting the parking brake down, and my brake light on my odometer kept flashing wildly.

Car is a 2009 RX-8.

I also put in a Metra Axxess ASWC steering wheel adapter which worked wonderfully.

Anyone know what could be wrong?

There's no way to bypass this with a manual switch? Or is the PAC the only way? I believe I am on the latest firmware.

EDIT: Maybe I am misunderstanding what the parking brake wire is? It's not the handbrake wire? Help. :(

AMDhunter:

if your brake light in your cluster is flashing, you are not following directions!

the whole point of a bypass, is so that you dont have to have the pioneers brake wire connected to the cars parking brake/ handbrake, therefore so you dont have to set the parking brake to watch videos

if your cluster light is flashing, you must some how still have something connected to the cars handbrake wire, unhook everything and revisit all of the instructions and diagrams.

and yes, you can just use a simple switch if you are not capable of wiring and programming a simple bypass or paying somebody to do it for you.

this will be the only help i give on this, use a simple two wire switch, one of the wires from the switch needs to be grounded, the other wire of the switch need to be connected to the pioneer's parking brake wire (light green) that is it, nothing should be connected to any of the cars brake wires or anything else! if you get a three wire switch or more, figure it out yourself and follow the directions.

for the switch bypass to work, you will need to start with it off, then switch it on, then switch it off, then switch it back on and leave it. then just sit back and enjoy the smell of your own failure, and know that life will not be any easier going forward, so get used to failing and quitting everything now so it stings less later on in life.

AMDhunter:

if your brake light in your cluster is flashing, you are not following directions!

the whole point of a bypass, is so that you dont have to have the pioneers brake wire connected to the cars parking brake/ handbrake, therefore so you dont have to set the parking brake to watch videos

if your cluster light is flashing, you must some how still have something connected to the cars handbrake wire, unhook everything and revisit all of the instructions and diagrams.

and yes, you can just use a simple switch if you are not capable of wiring and programming a simple bypass or paying somebody to do it for you.

this will be the only help i give on this, use a simple two wire switch, one of the wires from the switch needs to be grounded, the other wire of the switch need to be connected to the pioneer's parking brake wire (light green) that is it, nothing should be connected to any of the cars brake wires or anything else! if you get a three wire switch or more, figure it out yourself and follow the directions.

for the switch bypass to work, you will need to start with it off, then switch it on, then switch it off, then switch it back on and leave it. then just sit back and enjoy the smell of your own failure, and know that life will not be any easier going forward, so get used to failing and quitting everything now so it stings less later on in life.

Thanks! I thought brake wire meant "parking brake wire" so I connected it to the handbrake. lol

Forgive me, it's the first time I've tried to install car audio, so I am making rookie mistakes. (For a first timer, I think I did well so far - I changed all speakers, the factory HU, put in a sub, added a steering wheel control...) Going to add an aftermarket amp this weekend. :) I'm not paying anyone crap. I'm determined to never pay for car audio again, and I think I am doing a much better job because I care for my car. haha.

So I guess I need to figure where to get to a parking brake wire then. Should I look somewhere in the vehicles factory wiring? Thanks for the help. I'd rather not do a manual switch if I can help it.

What do you mean? look at the pics on page 3, you're only tricking the radio into thinking the parking brake is connected. You can cut the green parking brake wire from the radio much shorter if you're using the TR7. Then connect it to the blue (I think) wire from the TR7, and it tricks the radio into thinking the parking brake is enabled.

Forgive me, it's the first time I've tried to install car audio, so I am making rookie mistakes. I'm not paying anyone crap. I'm determined to never pay for car audio again, and I think I am doing a much better job because I care for my car. haha.

Well if you destroy your car in the process by making a mistake like the one you have already made that doesn't make much sense either.

So I guess I need to figure where to get to a parking brake wire then. Should I look somewhere in the vehicles factory wiring? Thanks for the help. I'd rather not do a manual switch if I can help it.

Have a read of the install manual. Honestly, you really should not be doing this.

Well if you destroy your car in the process by making a mistake like the one you have already made that doesn't make much sense either.

Have a read of the install manual. Honestly, you really should not be doing this.

Because I messed up one wire? A wire I knew wouldn't cause an issue since it didn't ground to anything else?

You know what dude, go fuck yourself. It's people like you that want others to always be afraid to try shit on their own so you can keep lining your pockets.

No wonder people hate audio installers. I'll figure this out elsewhere.

Forums were made to help others and point them in the right direction; not for other people to be condescending pieces of shit towards others asking for help.

Later guys. I won't be posting here anymore.