AVIC411.com

App Radio/App Radio 2 Bypass Confirmed!!!

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks 1loudls for the help and advise. That is what makes the forum great. It took me a week, but I am proud that I got it all installed and working as best as it can. It has a few bugs and hopefully more apps are coming but looks and sounds fantastic in the car. I am not worried about the rear view cam as I can toggle it on as needed. I did see the 5 prong relay at Advance auto but wasn't sure if it was the right one, didn't have the numbers listed on it. I am glad I didn't need to add that.

I loved the Waze App, like an interactive Google Maps, very nice.

One little thing I did find out using my daughter's Ipod Touch, with our home network, if you like slacker vs pandora you can play it through the Ipod selection and it sends the data feed to the head unit, so it displays the song info...etc...pretty cool. I would guess this would work for the Iphone users too.

Hopefully someone cracks the Android full use soon, that would be awesome to use the head unit for everything the phone does, kind of defeats the purpose of the APPRADIO to have to go back and forth between phone and head unit.

Bluetooth Audio would be a nice option too, if you don't feel like connecting the phone each time you are in and out of the car.

I did see the 5 prong relay at Advance auto but wasn't sure if it was the right one, didn't have the numbers listed on it.
a lot of times, the numbers are very hard to see on the bottom, if it comes with the socket and harness, it usually covers up the numbers. sometimes instead of numbers it might have a diagram on the side with no numbers.

glad you got it all set.

I do hope they come out with updates that does fix most of the little bugs, these units have so much potential. when the F-series first came out, it was plagued with glitches and issues, and after a few generations it (X-series) is now a pretty solid system. same should be able to be done with the App Radio series!

so then you do admit that there are some units out there that dont support the "bonus features" ok because for a minute there i though you where saying that they all did support it.

forgive me for only telling people exactly what your company propagated to me!

It says right in the document that the older ones in the black case won't. I didn't realize I was stating anything different. I was simply stating that the TR7 and the TR-7 are the same module. I mean physically the same hardware and harness. Always was always have been. Yes, OLD, OLD OLD ones may come with software that doesn't have the bonus features on it. I doubt anyone would come across one of those today though.

two thoughts on this,

first, not every person that works for any company has a clue what the hell is going on there! for example, i have talked to some really intelligent people from your own company, I have also talked to some real idiots whose only tech support ability is to read word for word the manual that i had sitting in front of me (which by the way twice ive had somebody read off to me that exact line and tell me they couldn't offer any help). look at pioneers tech support, they are all over the place, some dont even know anything about what you are calling about, others admit to it being a very common problem and can tell you the workaround. how the hell am i supposed to know which end of the spectrum you fall into?

A little background on me:

Electrical Engineering Degree

MECP Cert.

Been with AAMP/PAC for 6+ years

If anyone knows about the parts.... It's me.

I apologize that some of my guys won't openly help you illegally bypass safety features on a radio that we have no experience with. I know I have personally talked to a few people recently regarding this bypass and let them know that the bypass they are explaining to me sounds like the Clarion bypass and sent them the Clarion Tech Brief.

Some of the people I have talked to couldn't even tell me what the radio needs to see to have it be bypassed. If someone could tell me EXACTLY what the radio needs to see I could set it up for them or even write a file for the TR-7PRO

second, maybe if your so damn smart at your job, you should change all of the "incorrect information" your company just throws in to its packaging. or at a bare minimum, make sure at least the damn people who answer the freakin phones how all of their products work, or at least give them up to date material.

Tech brief with the bonus features has been updated (I changed TR-7 to TR7). I hope that will cure any confusion

better yet brosophina, why dont you just pump the brakes a bit with the attitude.

Absolutely no attitude, I was just trying to let you know I wasn't just another schmo on the forum.

I mean I only work for PAC.... What would I know?

Yeah I would say that has a little attitude. But hey, no ones perfect, I certainly have no room to talk about someone with attitude. ;) Anyway, if you certainly do work for PAC then I am declaring you an asset to this thread and this forum so please continue to help us out. I certainly understand 1Loud's frustration when talking to some of the vendors. Boy I could tell you about some conversations I have had with some of the clowns at Pioneer support. I still want to get my hands around this one guys neck.

Some of the people I have talked to couldn't even tell me what the radio needs to see to have it be bypassed. If someone could tell me EXACTLY what the radio needs to see I could set it up for them or even write a file for the TR-7PRO

Ok so I am not understanding what you mean by this statement. Basically the App Radio/App Radio2 needs to see ON/OFF/ON to the P Brake wire in order to achieve the bypass. I hope that is what you are asking. And having a preset for the procedure from the factory would be awesome.

This is the one I bought off Ebay and it is already set for the Alpine bypass, and that worked on my AppRadio2 with both the Motorola Razr Maxx and Samsung Droid Charge. All you have to do is Wire it up like the pic that 1loudls provided earlier in the thread. Simple.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/260708710491?_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649&item=260708710491&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT&vxp=mtr#ht_3771wt_1163

A little background on me:

Electrical Engineering Degree

MECP Cert.

Been with AAMP/PAC for 6+ years

If anyone knows about the parts.... It's me.

thats good to know, i will agree with you that you should know exactly what is what! i will give you the respect you shall deserve going forward.

I apologize that some of my guys won't openly help you illegally bypass safety features on a radio that we have no experience with.
not necessarily, there are a couple of states where it is not illegal, not to mention the AVH p3200 i have installed into my boat, that doesn't have a brake wire to attach to.

Absolutely no attitude, I was just trying to let you know I wasn't just another schmo on the forum.

and I will apologize for any guff i sent your way, you wouldn't believe how many ass clowns i deal with on this and other forums that spread incorrect information around which really screws with a lot of the newbs that are not very familiar with this kind of stuff.

but on to you knowing your module...

can you tell me what the timing is for the tr7 in alpine mode, more precisely, how long before the module grounds the hand brake, how long it stays grounded before releasing, and then how long before it re-grounds the wire?

I think this could work for pioneers just with out using the foot brake wire coming from the module with out having to do a lot of programming, as most of the problems (I'm sure with a lot of your phone calls too) have to do with having difficultly programming the module.

the only reason i ask is because I have heard that some modules or settings that used to work on older firmware quit working after one of the updates pioneer released.

fyi MicroBypass has their new model selling already for the Appradio2 sphda100. I purchased one, and I can confirm that it works on my sph-da100 in my truck. IMO it is way easier to use something this small and not have to program it like the tr7 and still add a relay. If you want them to build something custom for the timing sequences of the app radio1, I am sure they will. They are really easy going and offer great customer service. For my money I want something easy.

fyi MicroBypass has their new model selling already for the Appradio2 sphda100. IMO it is way easier to use something this small and not have to program it like the tr7 and still add a relay.

Until Pioneer changes the timing sequence with a firmware update and renders your bypass ineffective. They have apparently done it a couple of times already. Just be aware.

I just sent one of my salesman out with two TR7-PRO's to test on a AVH-8400 tonight. He is going to let me know what works tomorrow morning.

TR7 - Alpine = 4 second delay, on for one second, off for one second, back on until green wire looses +12V.

Please look at Appradio plus thread. I have found a solution. It is related to differences in MCU.bin part of US and EU firmwares. It looks like EU version does not have this stupid "attach, detach, press OK" block. It is enough to connect hand break connector on minus to bypass block.

Until Pioneer changes the timing sequence with a firmware update and renders your bypass ineffective. They have apparently done it a couple of times already. Just be aware.

Thank you, I understand your concern, but Pioneer hasn't changes any software on the 8400 or appradio2 regarding the bypasses. I have both of these radios, and the microbypass interfaces work perfectly on both. Our store is the one of the top Pioneer retailers in all of Florida, and we now use these microbypasses on every Pioneer radio install we do. They are just as cheap as a tr7, and you don't have to program them. They are simple three wire connections and work right out of the box. The original appradio1 is the only one that has issues with bypasses and has software changed (i heard their making one for this radio though). Have you ever sold a customer a tr7? lol, its a hassle to do the tech support on that one. With the microbypass, even a customer can install it. Its that easy. Just my opinion.

personally, if they both cost near the same price, i would rather have the one that is the most flexible and can be reprogrammed if needed (or re-purposed later if needed). the important factor is that they have changed what the radio need to "see" before with one of their models, so they very well could do it again. IMHO

bottom line is that if someone cant figure it out, I have to question whether or not they should be doing their own work.

it is nice to have options, so glad it does work.